God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called 40 Days of Lent.
Day 40 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Holy Week: Palm Sunday”
Reading: Matthew 21:1-11, Mark 11:1-11, Luke 19:28-40, John 12:12-19 KJV
- Why was it important that Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey?
– To full prophecy foretold in the Bible about the coming Messiah.
- What did the crowds do with their garments?
– laid them down on the ground in front of You, Jesus
- What was the city like when Jesus entered? Why do you think the people were like that?
– Excited. Worshiping You, Jesus. Praising Your name while putting branches and their clothes on the ground before You. Well their words show they knew You were the Son of God, but it is always possible the Holy Spirit led them to so prophecy could be fulfilled.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– King. What majesty and honor the Lord brought for His Son. Thank You, God, for keeping Your promise to David. I know You will do the same for me.
- Prayer: Pray for the people you work or go to school with.
- Remembrance: Think about what it would have been like to have seen Jesus come into Jerusalem on a donkey that day knowing He was fulfilling prophecy. Ponder this.
–It must have been such a pleasing moment for You, Father God. To see Him receiving glory while displaying obedience, You knew who He was, and the significance of that day.
- Self-Examination: Knowing how You are wired, do you think you would have believed that Jesus was the Messiah? Share your thoughts.
– That’s a hard thing to answer, Lord. You taught me the first time I read the Bible through for myself, not to see the Pharisees. I read Your word wanting to know how could the religious leaders of Your time not see prophecy being fulfilled if they knew the law above everyone else. You helped me to understand that You had forewarned them about false prophets, that they were super protective of Your word. Then You also help me to understand that You intentionally blinded their eyes.
So would I have believed? Would I have needed proof? Would I know that He was the Son of God. Only You would have Know. Thank You for who You are, Jesus, and allowing me to believe. ❤
A Kind Act
- Help someone who is struggling financially, relationally, spiritually, mentally, or emotionally.