God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called 40 Days of Lent.
Day 30 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Parable: King’s Ten Servants”
Reading: Luke 19:11-27 KJV
- How did the king respond to the two men who multiplied the money he gave them? What about the one who did nothing with his?
– The king was pleased with the first two men and gave them cities according to the number of talents the were able to give the king, but he was upset with the one who did nothing and had him killed.
- What is the point of this parable and what can you learn from it?
Lord, I have a hard time with this parable because it is exactly what I would have done because we’re all taught to be wise and careful with our money. So it seems wise if someone told me to take of their money, I would hang on to it in a safe place.After reading the king’s response and different preachers through the year, I understand You meant you through the year he should have done something profitable. But when he is slain because he kept it in a safe place and said He knew the King was an austere man, I guess I took that to mean he was afraid of You (or the green.
The only things I can figure is the passage did say they hated the King, and that the servant knew the king used usury. When I pray to You about this passage that You, I get that You are telling us to be good stewards with Your gospel.
- This parable is less about showing and more about justice. What did you read that lines up with this:
– If the man kept the money because out of spite Because he hated him, I could understand. In the end was it just is God is ruler of all. My lack of understanding is ignorance, and does not make God unjust. I trust Him even with that I do not understand, and continue to pray and ask God to help me be a good and faithful servant in all that he trusts me with, especially the gospel.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship him for who He is.
– Austere to those who would mean evil and hatred to You. Thank You for Your deep mercy towards those who You love and seek to do Your will. Justice is a good thing. We should pray for wisdom, understanding, discernment, and to be faithful with that which we are entrusted with.
- Prayer: Pray for the salvation of people on your life who don’t know Jesus.
- Remembrance: Think about a time you multiplies something. Write about it.
– Giving moneys toward grant matched?? Investing in bible studies and kingdom materials?? Buying bibles for others?? Teaching others about You?
- Self-Examination: With all that God has given you to steward, are you multiplying it or stowing it away??
– God, I pray that I am doing what You, expect of me. I keep thinking on the writing and encouragement. May You find me pleasing and faithful.
A Kind Act
- Text someone a kind note first thing in the morning.
– The verse you had me send to Anthoni as he left for work this morning??