“Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth,
where moth and rust doth corrupt,
and where thieves break through and steal:
but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven,
where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt,
and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
-Matthew 6:19-21 AKJV
Lord, You have sent me a treasure from You that I will be able to give back to You… a crown to lay at Your feet. That is how I see Your whispering to Stu of Something to Stu Over to nominate me for the Liebster Award. Not because of the material value that can be deleted, and seen as something to brag about. This blog is Yours, and ANY glory it receives is ALL YOURS!
Thank You for the fellowship with my brother in Christ. Bless him in his blog, his ministries, his family, and in his own personal walk with You.
Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award.
Answer 11 questions that the blogger gave you.
Give 11 random thoughts about yourself.
Nominate 11 other bloggers and notify them of their nomination.
Ask your nominees 11 questions.
“This award is meant to encourage new bloggers. From The Global Aussie: “The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
Stu’s Questions for Me:
1. What is your greatest fear?
disappointing my Jesus 😦
2. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
to give my heart and soul to Jesus ❤
3. Do you prefer wild game, such as deer, rabbit and squirrel or do you prefer “domesticated” like cow and chicken?
4. What was your favorite toy as a child?
I really don’t remember any toys other than coloring books & crayons my granddad use to buy me, and a small Pillsbury Dough Doll that the head came off of but would still do the famous giggle if you pushed his belly.
The doll thing was strange and I really wasn’t into dolls, so I’ll go with coloring books & crayons.
Oh wait! The Lord is reminding of a jump rope I earned when I was 6 years old by memorizing John 3:16 for a church bus driver! Mr. Farlough challenged me to learn it and I knew it by the next time he picked me up. It would be a few years before I really understood it, but it stayed with me for life! (the verse not the rope 😉 ) ❤
5. What is your favorite past time activity?
spending alone time with God ❤
6. What’s your most embarrassing moment?
too embarrassing to mention (Thank You, Lord, for discretion!)
7. What is your most memorable moment?
learning about my precious Jesus at 8 yrs old ❤
and being baptized just weeks later ❤
8. Do you agree that dating after marriage is vital to the nurturing of your relationship?
While it can have an important and helpful role for some, I do not think it is vital to nurture a relationship. Keeping Christ first and center is most important for nurturing a relationship.
9. What is your favorite board game?
10. What is your New Year’s resolution?
I have no resolutions. My goal is the same every day… to tell everyone of my wonderful Jesus, and how much God loves them so! ❤
11. What are your expectations for 2019?
I have none. Only God knows what He will bring my way each day.
11 Things About Myself
1. I love my Jesus! ❤
2. I am homesick for heaven! ❤
3. I am homesick for God! ❤
4. I am grateful for the Holy Ghost! ❤
5. I’m homesick for the place Jesus went away to prepare for me! ❤
6. I am grateful for the fellowship God gives me on WordPress! ❤
7. I am grateful for salvation! ❤
8. I am grateful for mercy! ❤
9. I am grateful for grace! ❤
10. I am grateful for faith! ❤
11. I am grateful for my son! ❤
Have Fun With God
E.G. Paint Studio
The Truth Will Set You Free
My Thoughts Exactly
The Daily Firefly
Daily Bible Bytes
The Precious Heart
Becoming the Oil and the Wine
Questions for the Nominees:
1. Do you know how much God loves you?
2. What color(s) did you wear today?
3. Do you have something I could pray over?
4. What season is it now where you live?
5. Do you have a favorite hymn?
6. What are you holding in your hand right now?
7. How would you define kindness?
8. Who inspires you?
9. Who did you last text?
10. How do you find your happiness?
11. Do you know how much God loves you?
(It’s worth repeating!)
Congratulations to the nominees!
Please do not feel obligated to participate.
If you do, no rush. Do in your time and your way!
Let me know if you do so I can read it! 🙂 God loves you! ❤