Tag: Jesus Christ
1 Peter 1:3
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
which according to his abundant mercy
hath begotten us again unto a lively hope
by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead”
– 1 Peter 1:3 KJV
Happily Ever After
According to Pastor Morris, I have been married twice.
My 1st husband was the Law.
My 2nd husband is Jesus Christ.
Those of you who voice your concern
because I am blessed with singleness
will either be disturbed or comforted by this.
Let me help you all to be comforted.
I am still married to my 2nd husband
and will be till the day I die…
AND in eternity!
His love will NEVER DIE!! ❤
Jesus is the LOVE OF MY LIFE!! ❤
He is the LOVER OF MY SOUL!! ❤
A Gift of Time
No greater gift can someone give
Than the gift of their time…
Or just to be there.
What love You give us…
That You want from us!
Of course the greatest gift
Of life on the cross
Is still the greatest gift ever given
By our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Talk about a gift of time…
And just being there.
Written by Gail Brookshire
Mystery Blogger Award 5.18.18
“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit,
seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles,
believed on in the world, received up into glory.”
– 1 Timothy 3:16 KJV
Oh how wonderful to think on such a verse… such truth… such good things of my Jesus! You are without controversy in my mind! You are manifested in my heart! You are justified through the blood You poured out for me! You were seen of angels! ❤ You were preached to me when I was a child! How blessed I was to meet You! You were absolutely believed on in my heart and soul! And our heavenly Father has received You into glory! Where You have went away to prepare a place for me! And will be back for me! ❤
I’m so excited, Jesus! I am so homesick for you! ❤
Thank You, Jesus, for Joni of Grief to Life
for nominating me for this Mystery Blogger Award!
And for the joy it gave me to think on this verse! ❤
Bless her and her family!
Her testimony of her loss still touches me,
but even more so the loving passion You give her for life!
Thank You for the encouragement she is to me!
In Your Holy and Compassionate name I pray, Amen! ❤
<3 THANK YOU, JONI! ME AND GOD LOVE YOU!! ❤
For those of you who don’t know what the Mystery Blogger Award is:
“Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
Created by: Okoto Enigmas Blog
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice;
with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Things About Me:
1. I love God.
2. I love children.
3. I am so grateful for people who love to help others.
My Answers to Joni’s Questions for Me:
- Why did you start blogging?
As a personal blog to have private talks with God.
- If you had to change your name, what name would you choose and why?
I am content with my name… real or blogging. 🙂
But if I HAD to, I would follow whatever God gives me!
- You are about to get into a fight, what song comes on as your soundtrack?
Lion and the Lamb by Bethel ❤
Our God is the Lion, the Lion of Judah
He’s roaring with power and fighting our battles
And every knee will bow before Him!
Our God is the Lamb, the Lamb that was slain
For the sin of the world. His blood breaks the chains.
And every knee will bow before the Lion and the Lamb
Every knee will bow before Him
(link to video added below)
- If you could write one new law that everybody had to obey, what would it be and why?
❤ That no one could ever hurt a child again! ❤
No questions asked!
- What’s the meanest thing you have ever done to someone to get back at them?
I am ashamed of any harm I’ve ever caused anyone, especially my Jesus! 😦
Jessie of Jess Kidding
Lois of LoftForum (Living Our Faith Together)
Shacollier of Her Reason
Joy of Finding Joy
Secret Angel of The Abuse Expose
T.R. of Inside Cup
Overwhelmed By Joy
Susan of Nana’s Love Notes
Brandon of Chaotic Shapes
Caz of Invisibly Me
Alethea of Alethea’s Mind
A Country Boy of Whosoever Will, May Come
Tony of Reflections: A Mindful Journey
Emma of Blogging Babe
Lisa of Blended Hope
Aicha of They Got it Covered
Paleeza of Just a Quiet Girl
Payte of Paytej
My Questions or the Nominees:
1. What makes you burp? (That’s my required weird question.)
2. What would you like to talk with God about one on one?
3. Do you have a prayer request?
4. What do you like to blog about?
5. Where in the world do you live?
I don’t know that I have the right to pick my best post or how I would decide, but the most important is my testimony of salvation… how I met the Love of my life… my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. ❤ I would love to tell you about Me and God! ❤
Congratulations to the Nominees! Please do not feel obligated to participate. If you do, no rush! It’s meant to be a blessing, not a burden! 🙂 Tag me and let me know when you do so that I can come check out your post! God loves you! ❤
Gifts 2017 #4 Family, Heaven, Technology
Christmas Countdown: Family is a gift. As we have lost so many, it makes each one still here a gift. I thank God for my sister Sandra, my son Anthoni, my brother Nathan Brookshire, my brother-in-law Tim, my stepdad Bobby, my uncles, my aunts, and of all my cousins, and that includes adopted, foster, and in-laws. I will be tagging you each that I can on FB. The most important thing we learn from family is we do not choose them. God does. God wants us to know it’s ALL about being His children, and trusting in God the Father, His precious Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. We are ALL family in Him. THANK YOU, GOD ❤ for family!!
Heaven is a gift. Heaven is not just a place that awaits us, but it holds some of the people whom we love and miss so dearly! We have family, friends, church family, and so many more safely in the arms of the One Christmas is all about. We will meet that special Someone some day, and His Dad! And just think… all of those He used US to either lead to salvation or encourage in some way will be there too! Then one final Christmas day, WE will receive our gift of entering Heaven, and taking up residence in the home He went away to prepare for us! ❤
Technology is a GIFT: It may seem trivial to say this, but by the grace of God there is so much that can be done through technology: listening to audio-bibles, sermons, hymns, Christian radio, Christian Christmas music, encouraging others, praying for others, watching a plane fly across the country to keep up with loved ones making it safely home, using Google maps to help someone lost while on cellphone, and so much more, including this moment of being able to praise my Lord before the world! ❤ Love you, Father! ❤ Love you, Jesus! ❤ Love you, Holy Ghost! ❤
Thankful 2017.7 Thank You, Jesus!
Lord, my post is short, but not the least bit ungrateful! I am thankful for what you and your Son Jesus have done in my life, and for my family and friends. Thank you for rescuing me, saving me, and Loving me! ❤ I leave you this song that you have led me to of all days today… Thanksgiving 2017. I love you, Jesus! ❤
Thankful 2017.1 gaillovesgodspoetry
Lord, thank you for helping me get the poetry copy and pasted onto the new site gaillovesgodspoetry. That blog is just as much yours as this one, and anything in my life. I was hoping to get it done in time to do some Thankful blogs for Thanksgiving… and maybe longer. However you lead. I keep following. Thank you for all of the love and support from so many with their views, likes, comments, follows, and e-mails. Even though it is all about you, you are so loving to encourage me. Please don’t let me fail to thank you and praise you with my reluctance to celebrate the numbers on each of these things. You deserve ALL of your praise!
And there it is, Lord, Thankful post #1 for 2017. I am thankful for you helping me getting the courage to get gaillovesgodspoetry started, and for helping me finish the copy and paste to get caught up in time to do the Thankful posts started for this week.
I love you, Father! ❤
I love you, Jesus Christ! ❤
I love you, Holy Spirit! ❤
I love the Trinity! ❤
Jesus’ Song for Gail (taken from Song of Solomon 3)
1. By night [from heaven] I sought [Gail], but I found [Gail] not. 2. I will rise now, and go about the [earth to and fro], I will seek [Gail] whom my [Spirit] loveth: I sought [Gail], but I found [Gail] not. 3. The [angels] that go about the [earth] found me: to whom I said, Saw ye [Gail] whom my [Spirit] loveth? 4. It was but a little that I passed from there, but I found [Gail] whom my [Spirit] loveth: I held [Gail], and would not let [Gail] go, until I had brought [Gail] into my [Father’s] house, and into the [presence] of [the Holy Ghost] that conceived me. 5. I charge ye, O ye [children of God running about tending to God’s harvest] that ye stir not up, nor awake [Gail], till [Gail] please. 6. Who is this that cometh [through the fiery trials of her life shining with the light of God upon her]? 7. Behold [Gail lays upon her bed], a [host of angels] are about it, of [the angels of God]. 8. They all had swords, being expert in war: every [angel] hath his sword upon his thigh [to protect Gail from things of the night]. 9. [Gail is a vessel of the Lord]. 10. [Gail is made of God, and is adorned with God’s mercy and grace, so that Gail can carry God’s love for all of God’s children]. 11. Go forth, O ye [children of God], and behold [Gail] with the [glory] wherewith [Gail’s Father glorified Gail] in the day of [Gail’s salvation], and in the day of gladness of [Gail’s] heart.
This poem does not belong to me or anyone, yet it is written for every single one of us! It is Song of Solomon 3. I merely placed my name wherever the word was talking about me (us). Please take a moment, when the Lord allows, to replace my name with yours to read the love your beloved Savior has for you! It is the most beautiful love letter! ❤
Lord, You amaze me! You delight me! You answer me… personally! Just the other day I wrote to You about being Absentminded. I was so discouraged over not being able to keep my focus on You continuously. Yet this morning I awakened to a devotional that was absolutely from You to me… word for word… and You helped me to pay attention!
11.1.17 Wednesday devotional
“DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED by the difficulty of keeping your focus on Me. I know that your heart’s desire is to be aware of My Presence continually. This is a lofty goal; you aim toward it but never fully achieve it in this life. Don’t let feelings of failure weigh you down. Instead, try to see yourself as I see you. First of all, I am delighted by your deep desire to walk closely with Me through your life. I am pleased each time you initiate communication with Me. In addition, I notice the progress you have made since you first resolved to live in My Presence.
When you realize that your mind has wandered away from Me, don’t be alarmed or surprised. You live in a world that has been rigged to distract you. Each time you plow your way through the massive distractions to communicate with Me, you achieve a victory. Rejoice in these tiny triumphs, and they will increasingly light up your days.
– Jesus Is Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence by Sara Young, November 1
The verses that went with the devotional were these:
“Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.” Romans 8:33-34 KJV
“Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” – Hebrews 14-16 KJV
Word for word, Lord! You heard every word and replied from Your heart!
“Don’t be discouraged in this life. See yourself as I see you. I am delighted by your deepest desire. I am pleased each time you initiate. I notice the progress you have made. Don’t be alarmed or surprised. You achieve a victory. Rejoice in these tiny triumphs. Light up! (I highlighted the words You emphasized for me.)
Even the scriptures are to remind me… who am I to charge God’s elect (myself) when You have justified me? Who am I to condemn myself when it is Christ who hath died for me, rather risen for me, and sits at Your right hand praying for me? Seeing I have a great High Priest (Your Son Jesus) that is passed into the heavens, I am to hold onto my profession (my resolve) to live in Your presence because I have a High Priest who has been personally touched by His own dread of the future, who was discouraged by the lack of His own friends being there when He needed them most, and who asked His own Father (You, Oh Lord) to take away the unpleasant challenge He was facing but willing to trust You with even the unpleasant, and even struggled in the human flesh He had taken on in remembering that His Father had NOT forsaken Him, regardless of what the human mind thinks when in agony.
After reading, listening, and hearing You, these hymns are placed on my heart today.
In The Garden lyrics by C. Austin Miles
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.
I Must Tell Jesus lyrics by Elisha A. Hoffman
I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
I cannot bear my burdens alone;
I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
Jesus can help me, Jesus alone.
Victory In Jesus lyrics by Eugene M. Bartlett, 1939
O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him,
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood.
I’m to follow the example of my Savior Jesus Christ by coming In The Garden alone to spend time with you. I am to come boldly before the throne of grace no matter what is going on with me because I Must Tell Jesus. He has been there and done that. He has experienced the fear, the distractions of the world, the dread of things, along with a desire to change things but willing to trust You with exactly the way things are, and the panic of a mind to feel like You have forsaken us while in reality You are right by our side.
When I cry to You that I cannot see You, hear You, feel You, and am so certain You must not be with me, You so loving remind me that when I gave my heart and soul to Jesus, I became Yours forever. You let me know that what I feel deceives me, what I think deceives me. I am a child of the King! When I come to You no matter my lot, that is a victory. I am to rejoice even in the tiny triumphs as You give me victory after victory because through the blood I have Victory in Jesus… every day of my life! In every moment of my life! This victory lights my way and lights my spirit. And while I may not be able to fully achieve a lofty goal of never failing you “in this life,” praise Your Holy name I WILL finally achieve that goal and worship You every day of my eternal life! ❤
One Lovely Blog Award 10.24.17
“His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether LOVELY. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.” – Song of Solomon 5:16 KJV
How absolutely LOVELY You are, Dear Lord, My Jesus, LOVELY of LOVELIES! You have given me so many LOVELY BLESSINGS! Starting with my LOVELY Australian sister Anita of Discovering Your Happiness! LOVELY Anita. LOVELY A. Miss LOVELY! She is always so thoughtful of others, taking such care and time to research and share. And she always makes sure to tell everyone,
“Wherever you are in the world, have a LOVELY day! ❤ “Now You have had her touch my heart by nominating me with the One LOVELY Blog Award, as well as allowing me to read her LOVELY answers in her acceptance post. As soon as I see the word, how could I not think of Miss LOVELY A and LOVELY Australia! How could I not think of the LOVLIEST of all that is LOVELY… YOU! ❤
I know LOVELY A would not be the least bit offended! She loves you too! She too knows that You make the LOVELY in her possible, and the LOVE in Gail Loves God. So this post will be a bit long while I Love on You! You have opened the treasure box of my heart, and Your Love is pouring all over the place. May it flow wherever You want it, and touch whom You will touch. Thank You for being Love! And for sharing it with me through Lovely Anita!
“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are LOVELY, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” – Philippians 4:8 KJV
Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post
Share 7 things about yourself
Pass this on to as many people as you like
Include this set of rules
Inform your nominees
My 7 Things About Myself are my current favorite songs.
1. As You know I have been struggling at times with my anxiety, sometimes my depression, and quite often the frustration of physical challenges. This song Even If by MercyMe has ministered to me day & night since You introduced me through a friend.
2. The first song ended with a reference to the hymn It Is Well With My Soul. Everyone should hear a hymn every once in a while… sung to the tune the Lord gave it… and with a choir/congregation. At least once… sing the whole song! This motivates my soul! It Is Well With My Soul by Sovereign Grace Music.
3. Ohhh. *Gasp, and silently waiting for a breath to return!* Dear Lord. How do I find words for what You allow this song to do for my soul? If You had not come! Where would I be? ❤ Love Came For Me by Northland Church. Thank You for coming for me! ❤
4. Joy! LOVELY Lord! This song absolutely lifts me, motivates me, and makes it feel impossible to quit smiling and clapping, tapping my feet. Joy, Lord! Unashamed Joy! Oh the joy of a choir/congregation! And this one! I Love the leading voice! You hear and feel the pure joy! Leaning On The Everlasting Arms by The Church of God.
5. How could I not hear the word LOVELY and not think of Here I Am to Worship by Worship? It sings the very words “You’re altogether LOVELY, altogether worthy, altogether wonderful to me.” ❤
6. Oh by the way, Lord. When it comes to Your precious Son Jesus Christ, did I mention that I Love Him? How I worship and adore Him? When I can’t see no way, He makes a way. And did I mention He’s been faithful to every promise He’s ever made me. I Love Him. That’s all I want to say. I praise you for Did I Mention by The Rochesters!
7. Lastly is my all time favorite video. I wish I could fly along with the camera… and You! I like to pretend I can. It’s such a beautiful collection of scenery… Your creative artwork comforts my soul! How Great is Our God by Chris Tomlin.
Anabel of Lebana’s Journal
Hiraa of Hiraa Chaudhry
Paula Psicologia of Moonlight Psychology
Lize Bard of Haiku Out of Africa
Hiraeth of Hiraeth638
Tracie of Single and Redeemed
Sage of Letters to Myself
Sayer Teller of Oaken Reed
Brandy Thurlow of Sunflower Holistic Health
Ali of A Certain Sign of Grace
Elan Mudrow of Elan Mudrow Photography
Dr. Andrea Dinardo of Thriving Under Pressure
Traci Smith of Unshakable Faith, Unquenchable Love
Ali Bolsover of Humble Mumblings
May each one of you LOVELY nominees be blessed in the Lord, as your LOVELY blog obviously is. Please do not feel obligated, nor rushed to participate. I just want others to know how LOVELY you and your blog are. ❤
May each one who reads this post be blessed in “speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. – Ephesians 5:19-20 KJV 🙂
Love and blood
are so easily mixed.
Sin and betrayal
are quickly fixed.
Though we fight
to have our way,
and saves the day.
enemies and foes
can be a blessing
or bring endless woes,
but God is greater
with His mercy and grace.
By saving power
all falls into place.
Blood and love
are precious to all.
Thank God the cross
saved us from the fall.
10-19-11 Written by Gail Brookshire
(by the grace of God)