God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called 40 Days of Lent.
Day 42 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Holy Week: Jesus Prays”
Reading: John 17 KJV ❤
- Over whom did the Father give authority to the Son?
– All flesh
- What is the way to have eternal life?
– To know the one True God, and believe in Him and Hos Son Jesus Christ.
- What did Jesus pray for in John 17:11?
– For His Father to keep the disciples (to look after them).
- Who did Jesus pray for in John 17:20? What comfort does this bring you?
– He prayed for all who believe in the words of His disciples, which is the word Jesus gave to us from God. I believe in them, so yes He is praying for God to protect me from evil. Oh what comfort He is! ❤ My favorite prayer in the Bible.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Consolation/Intercessor. Jesus, Thank You for being both my Consolation and my Intercessor. That You would know way back then the evils I would face today… in the world… and in me. Thank You for praying to Your Father for me! Thank You for making me family! ❤
- Prayer: Pray for yourself – your needs, concerns, desires, dreams
- Remembrance: Think of the time Jesus prayed over you. Ponder this fact and allow it to encourage you, and build your faith.
– Lord Jesus, I am humbled to think on how much You have prayed me through and protected me from. Especially in those years that I did not even know You, not the years I did not understand You as You allow me to now. You make me think on Romans 10:14, “How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?”
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AFTER ME! FOR LEAVING ME THE HOLY SPIRIT TO TEACH ME HOW TO PRAY… AND THE DEPTH OF YOUR UNDYING LOVE! SO PRAISE YOUR HOLY AND GLORIOUS NAME!
- Self-Examination: What kind of prayer life do you have? Is it vibrant and rich, or is it only when a need, concern, or fear arises?
– Oh, Lord, how grateful I am that my prayer life is an ongoing conversation with Someone who loves me and looks out for me! ❤
A Kind Act
- Reach out to an old friend you haven’t talk to in a while.
– Mindie surprised me by reaching out to me.