God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called Lent: Remembering the Life of Jesus.
Day 18 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Miracle: Jesus Transfigured On Mountain”
Reading: Matthew 17:1-13, Mark 9:2-13, Luke 9:28-36 KJV
- Why do you think Peter, James, and John “fell facedown to the ground, terrified” at what they saw? (Reference Exodus 3:5)
– They were afraid when they heard the voice of God.
- What command did God give them in the cloud regarding Jesus?
– To listen to Jesus.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– HOLY! You are Holy, Lord God Almighty! ❤ Praise Your Holy name! ❤
- Prayer: Pray for Your closest friends.
- Remembrance: Think of a time when you were astonished by something God did for you. Write about that and how it impacted your life.
– He allowed me to be the mom of this precious little boy. God trusted me to take care of another human being. He allowed the most gorgeous eyes and little pair of arms to call me Mom. God sent me two little arms to hug and hold me. God trusted me with a little boy who loved me unconditionally.
It changed my whole life, my way of thinking, and so much more. God used Anthoni to teach me of His love for me, as well as His role as my Heavenly Father. He helped me to grow strong, to have purpose, and answered prayer. I prayed for Anthoni. I wanted a child back to You, God. You honored that prayer in complete amazement!
- Self-Examination: Do you find yourself regularly obeying God even if it goes against what your heart desires?
– I pray that I quickly and faithfully obey in everything, regardless the cost. What Jesus did for me wasn’t a cake walk for You, God, in the sense that it meant watching Your only begotten Son be mocked, ridiculed, persecuted, betrayed, arrested, falsely accused, whipped, scourged, spat on, made a joke, stripped of His garments, gambled over, crowned with thorns that dug into His head, mailed to a cross by His hands and His feet, abandoned, agonizing in the garden while crying out to His Heavenly Father, pierced in His side, dead from the weight of the sins of the world, buried in a borrowed tomb, unable to be consoled or hugged until the Sabbath was over to fulfill what He was separated from You for.
Obedience is the LEAST I can do for both of You.
A Kind Act
- If you encounter someone at a store who is doing great work, tell their manager.