Dear Lord! How Your love pours and pours… all over this blog (YOUR blog)… all over me… and all over those You use to bless me… and those You will allow me to bless in sharing! How do I begin to thank You for The Barnabas Award!
In the King James Version (KJV) of Your Holy Bible it means son of consolation,
“And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,”
– Acts 4:36 KJV
and in the New International Version (NIV) it means son of encouragement.
“Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, whom the apostles called Barnabas (which means “son of encouragement”)”
– Acts 4:36 NIV
To be an encourager or a consoler for You… to bring someone cheer or comfort… with Your love… is a humbling privilege… an opportunity only You can give. Thank You for whispering my name to our dear Janet of My Father’s Symphony to nominate me for The Barnabas Award. . This sweet encourager has encouraged me! And through Your whispers to me will continue to comfort and cheer others. Praise Your Holy Name! The One True Comforter and The One True Encourager!
Thank You, Janet, for the kind nomination. Your blog, your precious family, and your strong love in the Lord is an encouragement to me. I love reading what God is doing for you! May the Lord continue to bless your blog and your family! Me and God love you! ❤“You have been chosen for this recognition because of the encouragement and inspiration you bring to your readers.“
The way this works:
Thank the person who nominated you, and share their blog.
Think of five bloggers that encourage and inspire you and nominate them.
List five things about yourself.
Lastly, ask your nominees five questions. Why five? Because is the number that signifies grace.
Just 5, Lord??? How do I narrow down literally hundreds of souls who encourage me and console me, and many others each day here on WordPress?? If 5 is the number of grace, then 5 x 5 will share so much more of Your grace! Yes, that is 25! I pray for those who will NOT see their names, that You would help them to know what a tremendous encouragement/consolation they are to me and so many others!
- Purple Rose of Confessions and Thoughts of a Reluctant Preacher’s Daughter
- Anna of A Voice Reclaimed, Surviving Child Abuse
- Tosin of Alethea’s Mind
- Hazel of Pure Glory
- Kristi Ann of Kristi Ann’s Haven
- Wendi of Simply Chronically Ill
- Caz of Invisibly Me
- Regina of Help From Heaven
- Stu of Something to Stu Over
- Robert of Watching Daily at Wisdom’s Gates
- Herry of Herry Chic Counsels
- Tammy of God Inspired Art & Quotes
- Dawn of Drawing Closer to Christ
- Maxine of Heaven’s Reef
- Pastor’s Wife of Created and Called
- Sue of Run With It
- Jacquie of Joy Cottage
- Carol Anne of Therapy Bits
- Caralyn of Beauty Beyond Bones
- Gary of A Sagittarian Seeker
- Margaret of The Word
- Michelle of The Mimosa Blossom
- Pat of Beholding Him Ministries
- Meredith of My Way Home
- Cindy of Real Christian Women
There are many more of you who need to know you are an encourager/consoler.
God loves you! He cherishes you!
5 Things About Myself:
1. I love God my Father! ❤
2. I love Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior! ❤
3. I love the Holy Ghost (aka The Comforter)! ❤
4. I love my son Anthoni (aka Inner Man Theatre) ❤
5. I love God’s Holy Word! (aka The Holy Bible) ❤
1. Who in your life is your biggest encourager?
My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
2. How do you see yourself as being an encouragement to others?
I write… posts, greeting cards, notes, email, call whosoever the Lord lays on my heart.
3. When was the last time someone gave you words of encouragement?
Tosin of Alethea’s Mind told me I made her cry tears of joy to know the Lord would use me to send her a message of encouragement.
❤ My cup runneth over! ❤
4. When you are down, what encourages you to get back up and keep pressing on?
The Holy Spirit reminds me of the love of God, and how much His Son suffered for me.
5. Who was your greatest encourager when you first accepted Christ?
Molly introduced me to Jesus,
but my greatest encourager was Ralph Sexton, Sr. the pastor who baptized me.
My Questions for the nominees
are the same as above.