No matter where you are tonight. No matter who you are. No matter what you are going through. I want you to know how much you are loved… by a God who loves you so much that He created you for His pleasure… a good and healthy pleasure. It is a form of joy that only God can give because He is joy.
You make Him smile. You make Him laugh. You make his heart warm and cozy. You are a pure delight for Him.
Times can be hard. They can be so long and torturous. The day can just drag itself out what feels like forever. But His promise is true… the morning will come. It will come with joy, and with new mercies for each morning.
He loves you! Believe Him! Even if you can’t feel, see it, believe it, or understand it. Believe Him! His word and His love are faithful!
Praise Your Holy and Beautiful Name, Jesus! Glory to God in the Highest! Honor to the Lord God Almighty!
In Your leading, in desires to tell the world about Your wonderful love towards me, and to tell them of the unconditional love You have for them, You have given me a journey of praise, sweet fellowship, beautiful friendships, a world of support (literally), and endless outpourings of Your love, both ways, flowing through all parts of Your creation!
4 years of being able to tell the world… Gail Loves God… and… God Loves You!
Happy Anniversary with WordPress.com!
You registered on WordPress.com 4 years ago.
Thanks for flying with us. Keep up the good blogging.
Thank You, Father, for every post, every comment, every beautiful soul You have allowed me to know. Whether they are still blogging, taking a break, or simply deleted their accounts altogether since, thank You for the time You allowed! I pray for each one!
Thank You for each award, tag, challenge, and all forms of sharing You allowed me to praise You in, tell the world of Your love, and that You allowed me to share how much You treasure them.
Thank You for every prayer You have allowed me to give and receive, and to share in together.
Thank You for every moment You have given me to cheer, for every hardship You walked me through, for everyone who walked through them with me, and for the many things You have allowed me to walk through with my community.
Most importantly, thank You that no matter where we were in the journey, whether up or down, whether joy or hardship, that You were praised, lifted, and kept first! For every time You allowed someone to see Your love in all things! Your faithfulness in all moments! And Your goodness in all challenges!
Lord, There are times I feel so overwhelmed,
but only know to pray and hang on!
Doesn’t it always seem to be such a battle most when one is fasting?
I’m not sure if Satan is fighting so hard,
or if You are trying and growing my faith,
both, or what?
But I will declare now to Satan and and the whole world…..
I LOVE MY GOD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST NO MATTER WHAT!! I MAY FAIL HIM, BUT HE HAS NEVER FAILED ME! I MAY BE IMPERFECT, BUT GOD IS ALWAYS PERFECT! AND THOUGH I MAY FAIL TO HAVE A PERFECT TESTIMONY OF BEING CONTENT IN MY PRESENT SITUATION, I AM CONTENT THAT MY GOD LOVES ME EVEN NOW!!! HIS WAYS ARE PERFECT EVEN WHEN I HAVE NO CLUE OF WHY THINGS ARE THE WAY THEY ARE!! AND WITH GOD’S STRENGTH, I WILL CONTINUE TO TRY TELLING EVERYONE POSSIBLE… GOD LOVES YOU!!!
Happy Birthday, Jesus! I love You! Thank You for coming!
Merry Christmas, Everyone! God loves you!
A lot of songs were introduced to me this year, and I love that several of them were songs singing Happy Birthday to Jesus in beautiful and honoring ways. Yet the one I will share with you is a song my son sent me a link of to let me know His new current favorite.
How Many Kings? by Downhere
It was immediately a favorite for me as well. I was touched by it. The chorus alone tugged at my heart from such honest words.
How many kings step down from their thrones? How many lords have abandoned their homes? How many greats have become the least for me? And how many gods have poured out their hearts To romance a world that is torn all apart How many fathers gave up their sons for me? Only One did that for me.
Only One did this for me!
And He did it for you too!
God loves you! ❤
God, You are so interesting in how You get me involved socially when I am trying to hide BEHIND the screen as much as possible. You take me out of my selfish mood, and remind how much others are trying to share with us, and how many would love to welcome the fellowship from anyone! We all need a little smile! We all need You! And You remind us that we all need each other! ❤
I love You, Father God!❤
Thank you so much Priyaaka Zealous Homo sapiens of When An Introvert Speaks for the open nomination to Answering 30 Interesting Questions. I rarely do open nominations because it feels so greedy when the Lord has blessed me so much, but then He reminds me the reason He encourages me to do any of the awards and tags… to share!! A little of His love! And a little of His light. So thank you for the opportunity to bless others! 🙂 God bless you and your blog! God loves you, Priya! 🙂
The 30 Questions:
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called? My family calls me Brenda Gail. My brother Charlie got everyone in high school calling me Sweets (They signed it all over my yearbooks). Some friends call me Stormy because it’s a nickname for Gail. I am blessed to have souls who call me mom, momma, momma Gail. And there are lots of other nicknames… a Child of the King… His! ❤ However, as you see in my blog all the time, I go by Gail aka gaillovesgod. 🙂
2. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like? Anywhere from several times a day to several times a week. Most of it either comes out as just scribble or actual poetry. God is so generous to whisper!
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive? I talk with God, read my bible, recite verse, write poetry, or even sing hymns to Him (sometimes singing myself to sleep 😉 )
4. Do people consider you as talkative or quiet? Depends on who and when you ask. I am mostly quiet, but I can be very talkative. Jesus wants me to tell others how much He loves them. Sometime I could endlessly talk about the sweetest love I have ever known. Sometimes I have to pray for Him to give me courage. Sadly sometimes I have to ask for His forgiveness and pray for those I failed to share with!
5. What makes you cry? Disappointing my Jesus. 😦 Seeing Him mistreated. 😦 Seeing things that break His heart. 😦
6. What is your biggest pet peeve? Seeing people intentionally hurt one another
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror? Just enough to make sure my teeth are clean, and to make sure it looks like I at least tried to comb my hair (and put it out of my eyes )
8. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child? My dad used to call my soda… cold coffee. I literally thought that coke and coffee were the same thing… just coffee when hot and coke when cold. I use to tell my dad, “Yuck! Who would ruin their coke like that??” LOL
9. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up? A “guilty” pleasure implies a wrong or sinful, or at least harmful pleasure. I have a hard time resisting watching Law & Order… especially the earlier ones and the SVU series. I am NOT a crime buff, a forensics junky, and hate gory scenes! While watching can actually help me some days, it can also pull me away from everything on other days.
10. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
❤ ❤ My Jesus!!!!! ❤ ❤
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which sections? Every few months or so, unless looking for something particular… like obituaries.
12. Which animal scares you the most? Snakes are right up there.
13. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on? Again it depends on when and the situation. I DETEST letting something get the best of me, so I prefer head on. I usually say, “Bring it on.” If it’s gonna kill me to do it… then let’s get it over with. However when it comes to confronting for or on behalf of others, to pray and follow God’s lead is the best thing to do. I try to pray and follow either way!
14. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received? That I send sweet and encouraging messages. God is so loving and kind to me! ❤
15. What question are you tired of hearing? Where is God when you need Him? (Usually said while “celebrating???” being able to kill babies in and out of the womb, while welcoming guns but not God in school, while fighting for one’s right to speak their opinion in school but suing anyone who wants to exercise their right to pray in school (even just silently sometimes), or while secretly paying a sex trafficker to find a “piece of fresh meat to rape” (the younger they are, the more they’ll pay) 😦
16. What is the strangest thing you have eaten? Sardines!! My dad tricked me into trying one! YUCK! It tasted like I had stuck my tongue in a can of oil, and I couldn’t get it off!
17. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? God is so kind and generous to bless me with an abundance of friends, but I am ashamed to say I isolate myself a lot. (Said for any of my friends who have not seen or heard from me so that you do not think I don’t consider you a friend! Me and God love you!)
18. Do you have a catchphrase?
God loves you! ❤
19. What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why? Heaven! That’s my home! ❤ I am so homesick!!!
20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Gail 😉 Because it is not my first name, it would simplify things…lol.
21. When was the last time you lied? Honestly… That’s between the Lord and me. I try to be as honest as possible. Discretion is lying to some people, however “Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.” – James 5:19-20 KJV
22. What’s something that amazes you?
❤ ❤ The love of God!!!!! ❤ ❤
23. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease? Absolutely invent a cure for deadly disease! (but on a day off I would explore whatever God wants to show us! His artwork is so amazing!!)
24. What is your favourite amateur activity? Blogging or writing poetry I guess is amateur… but if it’s for, from, and about God that is all that matters! People need the Lord! And they need to know how much He loves them! ❤
25. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning? I need to hurry and change out my pajamas to make it to my appointment with Dr. Buzz’s office. I am soooooo tempted to just wear them, but I don’t want everyone to think I’m crazy. I save that for my family and friends. 😉 (Thank You, God for my new comfy pjs I got for Christmas! I finally got to wear them! 🙂 )
26. What is your favourite song (at least at the moment)? Take My Life and Let It Be Consecrated, Lord, to Thee hymn
27. List someone you know, and describe them in 5 words. < 3 Jesus… loving, merciful, obedient, Holy, longsuffering! ❤
28. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would the question be? God… why would You even make it an option for Your precious and only Begotten Son to leave You for even a moment to come and suffer such agony, pain, cruelty, torture, mockery, when You knew it was my vile and filthy rags that put Him there? I know You say it was because You love me, but how can You love me after all that You have seen me say and do… with my life… my body… my words… and my sick selfish nature? Why…WHY would You allow me to have anything to do with something as precious and Holy as the blood of Your Son! Jesus is so innocent and pure! He is Holy! Thank you for loving me enough to send Him! To even allow it. Help me to have the courage, the strength, the boldness that You say we need to have to come to Your throne! I want to be as clean as YOU make a life!!!!!!!! NO ONE CAN SAVE AND CLEANSE LIKE YOU! NO OTHER LOVE! THANK YOU< JESUS! ❤
29. Which celebrity or artist do you resemble the most?
Nowadays I have no clue, but when I was in my 20s I use to constantly be confused with a local reporter we once had in our area that set her boyfriend’s house on fire.
30. What do you want me to know?
❤ God loves you! ❤
It was a blessing answering these questions! I hope they bless you!
God has such an important message
Only He can get it through.
Don’t ignore Him when He speaks.
Listen to Him say, “I love you.”
Only you can love Him back.
Victory is your choice.
Eternal life and love are precious,
So listen for His voice.
You are His precious child.
Only you can make Him smile.
Under His wings of love all the while.
written by Gail Brookshire
PS. God Loves You!
WordPress also says there have been over 3,000 views now. You always amaze me that what You whisper in my ear, or that I talk with You about would be of any interest to anyone. It’s You! They see You in anything they see good, or…
For all of those who are helping me pray for Kimberly (aka Legs) as she hikes the PCT (Pacific Crest Trail), this is an update.
Tomorrow Is Day One was her introduction to her beginning for this incredible hiking journey. I will no longer be reblogging, but will give updates instead.
I will be using this picture for you to identify the updates on her hike in the Reader.
**You also will remember that I always make sure to put a heads up about the language that could make you uncomfortable.** That is what this particular post is regarding. Because I have hundreds of families and friends who are missionaries, evangelists, pastors, worship leaders or are in some form of ministry, and because a great majority of them have children who are active in reading posts, e-mails and whatever forms of greetings and/or communications, I want to be mindful in not filling up their feeds with offensive material.
It is NOT to come across as judgmental on Kimberly or to discourage her!!
Particularly in this post is a topic a lot people simply don’t realize is extremely offensive. It is actually thought to be “keeping it clean” or simply not given a second thought (or first) to even be an issue. Using the word Holy with anything other than something you mean to refer to as being Holy, and IS genuinely Holy is considered offensive to God (or more specifically the Holy Spirit). Just as using God’s name with anything other than something you mean to refer to God with in a reverent way is offensive to God.
“Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.” – Exodus 20:7 KJV
Many people either have no idea of an issue, while most even have the best of intentions by believing not adding a cuss word or anything vulgar is being respectful, humorous, or simply keeping it clean. A lot Christians do this as well. I use to think like this too, having no clue that it is so important to God… the one I love and do not want to offend. While it is horrible to hear or read intentional offense, it is just as offensive to read God’s Holy Spirit being used as a punch line, or inconsiderate adjective or adverb.
“Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.” – Matthew 12:31-32 KJV
“And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not beforgiven.” – Luke 12:10 KJV
“Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.”
– Ephesians 4:29-30 KJV
For this reason, I will give you updates, instead of just reblogging. I thank you so much for praying for my cousin as she walks from Mexico to Canada! I thank you too for knowing that this is in no way meant to be judging my cousin, or causing a debate. I have many family and friends who use far worse language. While I am to be careful in what I see, read, and do, I am also called be like Christ in loving one another. Christ walked among men… lived among us… and still lives among us… regardless of our imperfections. Vulgarity can come in many forms. When He leads me to pray for someone, to encourage them, or to simply be present in a part of their journey in life, I am to simply do that… pray… encourage… or simply be there… not to judge.
I love my cousin, and I love each one that God gives me to remind them of just how much God loves them, sometimes letting someone know for the first time ever. God’s love can be hard to know, understand, or felt if all one receives is judgment and offense. The most important thing God wants to let us know is…
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”
– John 3:16-17 KJV
So until the next update, keep walking with Him, and keep walking in His love! ❤
Me and God love you, Kimberly (aka Legs!) ❤ Me and God have faith in you! ❤
❤ Lord, what a thoughtful Valentine You sent me through dearest Lovely A! ❤
❤ Yes, Lord, I will absolutely be Yours! As I am now and forever will be! ❤Thank you, Miss Lovely, for letting God using you to send me such kind thoughts on such a lovely day! How fitting! 😉 You are as lovely as the wishes you send out with every post you make on Discovering Your Happiness! I enjoy watching God help you grow into such a wonderful young lady! I am blessed to call you friend! My Croatian Australian sister in Christ! Thank you for my bright valentine in this Sunshine Blogger Award! 🙂 ❤ Thanks for challenging me and keeping me thinking! Me and God love you! <3.
Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to her/his blog.
List the rules and display Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post or blog.
Answer 11 questions the blogger asked you.
Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 questions.
My Questions from Lovely A:
What is a motivating quote you live by? Keep God first! Above everyone and everything! No matter what!
If you had to share one piece of life advice, what would it be? ❤ God loves you! ❤
Do you live with any regret? Unfortunately, but God uses them to help me to be thankful and wiser.
Are you happy where you are right now? God makes me happy! 🙂
What is your dream job? Whatever God asks of me!
What is your favourite movie of all time? Jesus of Nazareth
If you had to live off one food forever, what would it be? spasagna
If you were an animal, what would you be? a bird… so I could fly and sing for God all day ❤
What is your favourite thing to cook? pizza
Where did you blog name originate from? I love God and want everyone to know it! ❤
Do you have any holidays planned for 2018? random days and events that God allows
What was your last post about? Tag it for others to see.
What was your first ever post about? Tag it too.
What is the theme for your blog?
Do you have more than one blog? If so, link each one for others to know.
Do you have a favorite verse?
Where in the world do you live?
What is your favorite color?
Who has influenced your life?
What have you given to God?
Cheerios or Corn Flakes?
Congratulation to each nominee! Please do not feel obligated to participate. If you do, no rush! Do it in your own way, and in your own time! The Sunshine Blogger Award is meant to be a blessing, not a burden. Thank you for allowing God to use you to bring Sunshine into my day! ❤ God loves you! ❤ 🙂