A Double Portion of Liebster Love for my birthday! That is so like You, Lord, to be so thoughtful and generous! You have used Amy of A New Life and Jenny Lynn of Author Jenny Lynn to bless me Doubly with the opportunity to praise You and share a little of Your love with others! I absolutely want a Double portion of Your love and Spirit… just like Elisha did of Elijah in 2 Kings.
“And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.”
– 2 Kings 2:9 KJV –
I’ve never done any of my awards as multiple in on post, as I have seen many do. I have intentionally done them separate no matter how many there were to keep them better organized. These 2 I will do together so that Amy, Jenny Lynn, and Wendi (who nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award on Simply Chronically Ill, which I just posted if you want to read it) will all know how You delightfully whispered in their ears for my birthday! ❤
Besides, they have different rules and questions, and of course that makes for more sharing with more nominees! 🙂
Thank you, Amy, for thinking of me with the nomination, and for your generous words that glorify our God with a beautiful testimony! God is surely good to allow me to gain yet another crown to lay at His feet. ❤ Me and God love you, Sister!
THE SHORT LIST OF RULES ARE:
Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Answer the questions you were asked.
Share 10 random facts about yourself.
Nominate at least 3 blogs for the award or you may nominate more!
Make up 10 questions for your nominees and inform them of the nomination.
My Questions from Amy:
1. What’s your favorite book of the Bible?
Wow! Just one? John is the one that broke my heart when I first read it through.
2. What book (last book) are you reading?
Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand
3. What was the last dream you had? What happened?
I don’t remember. But I love waking to God’s song on my heart and mind.
4. What advice would you give the younger you?
The same advice that Molly gave me at the altar about Jesus when I was 8 years old. God thought it was enough to get where I am today. He knows best! ❤
5. What elder has impacted you the most and why.
Molly introduced me to the most loving person I have ever known! ❤
6. Have you seen the movie “I Can Only Imagine” Did you like it?
Not yet. But I’ve loved the song since 2004, and love the new ones from the movie.
7. Do you have a bucket list? Any you want to share?
No, I do not have one, other than do what God asks of me.
8. Describe your most memorable moment.
My baptismal was easy to remember, as I was 8 years old, wearing a dress pinned between my legs, on my tippy toes to keep my chin just above water (to keep from drowning), waiting what seemed like forever for the Pastor to dunk me. Then a sudden dip that took me by surprise. I am glad though for those moments that he took time out to commend “this little girl comes to the altar every Sunday morning, every Sunday night, and Wednesday night to pray for herself, her brothers and sister, her mom and dad, and whoever she can think of.” When I struggled years later about my certainty of my salvation at such a young age, the Lord would use that to assure me it was very genuine!
9. What’s your favorite post you have on your blog? Provide a link
More important than whatever I may find as a favorite, my testimony comes first. That post is called Me and God. Then my testimony as a writer… called Me and Writing. I try to make sure He is all over this blog. It is His.
10 Random Facts about myself:
1. I love God! 2. I love Jesus! 3. I love the Holy Spirit! 4. I love the Trinity. 5. I believe Jesus is God’s Son. 6. I believe He died on the cross for me. 7. I believe He laid in the grave three days. 8. I believe He arose on the third day. 9. I believe He is alive and well in heaven. 10. I believe He is coming back to take me to my home that He has gone away to prepare for me!
Nominees for June 13th:
Questions for June 13th Nominees:
- What time is it where you are?
- What season is it where you live?
- Which Bible character would you like to meet?
- What’s your favorite food today?
- Do you know how much God loves you?
- What do you love about your country?
- What was your last blog about? (link it)
- What blogger award have you NOT had that you would like to have?
- What was your last bad day like, and how did you get through it?
- What is your favorite flower?
Jenny Lynn of Author Jenny Lynn nominated me
on June 14th, Thursday for this Liebster Award.Thank you, Jenny Lynn, for the kind opportunity to share more praises for my Lord and more nominations to share with others! I enjoy visiting with you in the kitchen! 🙂
❤ Me and God love you too, Sister!
- Link to the Global Aussie’s post about the Liebster Award & post the Liebster Award official logo on your post.
- Thank the person who nominated you & put a link to their blog in your post.
- Write a small post about why you love to blog.
- Answer the questions given to you. If you are no questions are given, then answer the ones on the Global Aussie’s post. (Linked Above –Click “Global Aussie”)
- Name 5-11 blogs that you’d like to nominate & provide links to their blogs.
- Notify your nominees about the award.
- Create more questions for your nominees to answer.
- Comment on the Global Aussie’s post with a link to your award.
- Post the rules to this award in your blog post.
Why I Love to Blog:
I love writing to the Lord. Either He is sharing whispers especially for me, or He is sharing with others through those same whispers. However He chooses to work is up to Him. It is His blog! The poetry blog is what He has been giving me since I was 9 years old. I know I love to make sure everyone knows that Gail Loves God, and to let them know God loves you!
My Questions from Jenny Lynn:
- What is your favorite smell? Yes, I said smell. LOL
ONE of my favorites first coming to mind is freshly mowed grass.
- What has been one of the hardest moments of your life?
Weathering storms that seemed like they would never end.
- Are you a chocolate OR vanilla ice cream person?
- What do you like to do when you have down time?
spend alone time with God
- What is your favorite movie/book genre?
- Tell us the silliest thing you’ve ever done in your life?
Dressed like a local celebrity who was constantly mistaken as looking like Jerry Garcia for Halloween. He happened to be a dear close friend, so it was a blast seeing his face. He loved how real I looked like him. 😉 LOL
- What’s one of your most embarrassing moments?
Signing my first autograph. It was for a couple of college classmates who had been friends for a good while, but when they read one of my published poems in the campus paper their reaction was so new to me that I tried to laugh it off because of how embarrassing it seemed. I was quickly (but lovingly) scolded on how rude I was being, and robbing them of a rare memory. A lesson in humility and confidence at the same time.
“Cast not away therefore your confidence,
which hath great recompence of reward.”
– Hebrews 10:35
- Name your favorite song.
So MANY hymns! No One Ever Care for Me Like Jesus! How Can I Fear With Jesus? Day By Day! Jesus Led Me All the Way, God Leads His Dear Children Along! A Wonderful Savior! Be Thou My Vision! Amazing Grace! I Must Tell Jesus! ❤
- Who is someone who has majorly impacted your life and why?
Jesus has impacted by life like no other. Words cannot express what He has brought me through, and by His grace, with a love that surpasses all sorrows.
- If you were a Scooby Doo character, who would you be?
Velma… the brunette who always faced ghosts and fears head on! Scared or not!
- What is your passion in life?
To love and serve my Lord Jesus Christ as faithfully as possible! ❤
10 Random Things About Me:
1.I love reading hymns. 2. I love singing hymns. 3. I love memorizing hymns. 4. I love memory verses. 5. I love God’s word! 6. I love church family. 7. I love brother and sisters in Christ! 8. I love encouraging others. 9. I love children. 10. I love helping someone learn to know God personally! Oh the unique privilege and delight on their face! 🙂
Nominees for June 14th 🙂
Discovering Your Happiness
An Anonymous Escape From Life
Mistakes and Adventures
Pennies For Dreams
A Sagittarian Seeker
Becoming His Tapestry
Questions for June 14th Nominees:
The same as for the June 13th Nominees above.
Congrats to all the nominees! I look forward to reading your responses if you participate. Tag me if you do so that I don’t miss put on seeing it! God loves you!
Thank you again, Amy and Jenny Lynn! God loves you both!
Thank You, Lord, for sending me birthday gifts I could share, and praise You with as well!
Holy is the Lord God Almighty! You’re a good, good Father!
❤ I love You, Father God! Happy Father’s Day! ❤