God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called 40 Days of Lent.
Day 34 of 47 for Lent Plan – Teaching: The Beatitudes.
Reading: Matthew 5:1-12, Luke 6: 20-26
- According to the Beatitudes , what kind of people does God bless?
– Poor in spirit, they that mourn, the meek, the pure in heart, the peacemakers, those that are persecuted for His name’s sake.
- What happens to those who mourn, those who are humble, and those whose heart are pure?
– Those who mourn will be comforted.
The humble shall inherit the earth.
The pure in heart shall seed God.
- What should the attitude be of those who are mocked and persecuted? What is their reward?
– Rejoice and be exceeding glad for they have a great reward in heaven.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and praise Him for who He is.
– Blesser. Thank You, God, for all Your promises and blessings. You are faithful ti Your Holy word!! ❤
- Prayer: Pray for the people you work or go to school with.
- Remembrance: Think of a time when you were mocked or persecuted for doing the right thing. Write about that.
– Lord, You bring to mind when our family used to treat Aunt Mildred so horrible. They always taught us to ignore her because they said she was crazy. They would make fun of her and provoke her, but when she left the house (or escaped into the public as they saw it.) They would call the law on her, sometimes having her institutionalized.
Through the years You taught me to treat her with just as much respect as my other elders, and with more kindness, compassion, and patience because of her illness. I thank You for the beautiful relationship You allowed between her and my son. You eventually allowed me to see she could understand… very well. She always asked about Anthoni when she lived in Richmond Hill Nursing Home, and saved candy for him that they would give the residents on holidays and special occasions.
Anthoni and I ended up taking her with us to church whenever we went. Then Gran saw Mildred could behave and enjoy time together, so she started having us get Mildred on Fridays after we got Anthoni from school, go get us all our fish dinners from Long John Silvers, and watch classic movies together. That’s where Anthoni developed a fondness for Bing Crosby. After Gran died, the family fought over who would take care of Mildred because they assumed there was an insurance policy for whoever took care of her, or some kind of trust fund. When they found out different, they quit fighting over her. She ended up coming to stay with Mom.
After Anthoni graduated, Dad died, and not too short of a time before Charlie died, Mildred had a stroke. While she was in the hospital, the neurologist told Mom they had more advanced imaging that recognizes scars from strokes. They said her imaging had several old scars leading them to believe she had been misdiagnosed years earlier with schizophrenia. They believed Mildred had a serious stroke in her 20s, and that when her husband had her committed for being unable to talk the electric shocks made it worse. Mildred spend the last two years of her life in a palliative health care home.
Yes, I received a lot of persecution, but Mildred was the One who who suffered rejection, persecution physically cruelty, mental torment, and a life of with her own family being added cruelty. Even mocking her with laughter Her funeral was such disgrace. Thank You for allowing me to learn how to rightly see her, and teach my son to do right by her.
- Self-Examination: Is it easy for you to see the big picture when it comes to times of struggles in your life.? Why or why not.
– Not always. Sometimes He allows insight, sometimes He remind us He is God and owes me nothing, not even explanations.
A Kind Act
- Thank a police officer or firefighter for their service to the community.