God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called Lent: Remembering the Life of Jesus.
Day 9 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Jesus Urges Disciples to Pray for Workers”
Reading: Matthew 9:35-38 KJV
- What two things did Jesus do as He was teaching in synagogues?
– preaching and healing
- How did Jesus feel when He saw the crowds gathered around Him?
– He had compassion on them.
- Who do you think Jesus was referring to when He said “workers?”
– People who have surrendered their lives to serve God and further kingdom, bringing his lost sheep home, to bring healing to the suffering, and compassion for the broken and empty.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Compassionate. Thank You, God, for the heart You have for Your creation, even when they reject You, or simply stray. Even when You are doubted, feared, rejected, persecuted… You are such a loving and compassionate God. I am grateful and so honored to call You my God, my Healer, my Father! ❤ I love You!
- Prayer: Pray for your extended family members.
- Remembrance: At some point in your life, someone told you about Jesus. Think about that time in your life. What feelings surface for you?
– Joy, a delightful smile to think on Molly. She came to an 8 yr old knelt at the altar and scared. She could tell I wasn’t there by choice. She asked me if I knew what I was doing. When I told her I was waiting on my Mom, Molly asked if I knew what my Mom was doing. I told her no. Molly said Mom was praying to Jesus. When I didn’t respond , Molly asked if I knew who Jesus was. I told her no. When she began to tell me I was broken hearted for this… to know we caused HIm to die. My first thought was actually, “You mean there’s an adult who doesn’t punish us, even when we deserve it? I was shocked. But when she told me of how He was punished for us so that we could be forgiven I felt so bad. When she said He died, I was so sad.
So along with that joy of Molly, I am grateful, and I am broken again for Him. Of course I know He’s fine, and that all is well. But to think that He would die for me. 😦 To think that He would forgive me. To know that He doesn’t punish me even when I deserve it. There is no one else like our God. No one ever cared for me like Jesus. ❤
- Self- Examination: Are you a “worker” for God? Ask God to place opportunities in front of you to impact someone for Christ.
– I try to be. Lord, whatever You want, I’m here and want to do it Your way. I admit I’m reluctant because I cannot promise to be the faithful, perfect witness or testimony. I can so easily give up or be a flawed witness. How many times have things been so incredibly crazy just after I prayed this very prayer of sending someone, but instead of leading them to You, they led me to a brick wall to bang my head against it day and night. Even so, Lord. Here am I. Send me. Or send them. Your will. Not mine.
A Kind Act
- Tell the person closest closest to you how much they mean to you.
– Anthoni 🙂 ❤