“As for me, behold, I am in your hand:
do with me as seemeth good and meet unto you.”
– Jeremiah 26:14 KJV
Little girl. Authority figure. Life dramatically changed.
Life of innocence. Ugly Evil. Traumatically deranged.
Battle scars. Wounded thoughts. Walls that were not there.
Fear and dread. Guilt and shame. Heavy burdens to bear.
Loving King. Roaring Lion. Armor for the Soldier.
Sword and shield to fight the war. A pair of arms to hold her.
We’re warned in John 16:33 there shall be tribulation.
Be of good cheer, He has overcome. There is cause for celebration!
The snake will hiss, and sometimes bite. The scorpion will sting.
The dove will cover with shelter and comfort in His loving snowy wing.
Written by Gail Brookshire
God, You are so interesting in how You get me involved socially when I am trying to hide BEHIND the screen as much as possible. You take me out of my selfish mood, and remind how much others are trying to share with us, and how many would love to welcome the fellowship from anyone! We all need a little smile! We all need You! And You remind us that we all need each other! ❤
I love You, Father God! ❤
Thank you so much Priya aka Zealous Homo sapiens of When An Introvert Speaks for the open nomination to Answering 30 Interesting Questions. I rarely do open nominations because it feels so greedy when the Lord has blessed me so much, but then He reminds me the reason He encourages me to do any of the awards and tags… to share!! A little of His love! And a little of His light. So thank you for the opportunity to bless others! 🙂 God bless you and your blog! God loves you, Priya! 🙂
The 30 Questions:
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
My family calls me Brenda Gail. My brother Charlie got everyone in high school calling me Sweets (They signed it all over my yearbooks). Some friends call me Stormy because it’s a nickname for Gail. I am blessed to have souls who call me mom, momma, momma Gail. And there are lots of other nicknames… a Child of the King… His! ❤
However, as you see in my blog all the time, I go by Gail aka gaillovesgod. 🙂
2. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
Anywhere from several times a day to several times a week. Most of it either comes out as just scribble or actual poetry. God is so generous to whisper!
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I talk with God, read my bible, recite verse, write poetry, or even sing hymns to Him (sometimes singing myself to sleep 😉 )
4. Do people consider you as talkative or quiet?
Depends on who and when you ask. I am mostly quiet, but I can be very talkative. Jesus wants me to tell others how much He loves them. Sometime I could endlessly talk about the sweetest love I have ever known. Sometimes I have to pray for Him to give me courage. Sadly sometimes I have to ask for His forgiveness and pray for those I failed to share with!
5. What makes you cry?
Disappointing my Jesus. 😦 Seeing Him mistreated. 😦 Seeing things that break His heart. 😦
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Seeing people intentionally hurt one another
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Just enough to make sure my teeth are clean, and to make sure it looks like I at least tried to comb my hair (and put it out of my eyes )
8. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
My dad used to call my soda… cold coffee. I literally thought that coke and coffee were the same thing… just coffee when hot and coke when cold. I use to tell my dad, “Yuck! Who would ruin their coke like that??” LOL
9. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
A “guilty” pleasure implies a wrong or sinful, or at least harmful pleasure. I have a hard time resisting watching Law & Order… especially the earlier ones and the SVU series. I am NOT a crime buff, a forensics junky, and hate gory scenes! While watching can actually help me some days, it can also pull me away from everything on other days.
10. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
❤ ❤ My Jesus!!!!! ❤ ❤
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which sections?
Every few months or so, unless looking for something particular… like obituaries.
12. Which animal scares you the most?
Snakes are right up there.
13. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
Again it depends on when and the situation. I DETEST letting something get the best of me, so I prefer head on. I usually say, “Bring it on.” If it’s gonna kill me to do it… then let’s get it over with. However when it comes to confronting for or on behalf of others, to pray and follow God’s lead is the best thing to do. I try to pray and follow either way!
14. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received?
That I send sweet and encouraging messages. God is so loving and kind to me! ❤
15. What question are you tired of hearing?
Where is God when you need Him? (Usually said while “celebrating???” being able to kill babies in and out of the womb, while welcoming guns but not God in school, while fighting for one’s right to speak their opinion in school but suing anyone who wants to exercise their right to pray in school (even just silently sometimes), or while secretly paying a sex trafficker to find a “piece of fresh meat to rape” (the younger they are, the more they’ll pay) 😦
16. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
Sardines!! My dad tricked me into trying one! YUCK! It tasted like I had stuck my tongue in a can of oil, and I couldn’t get it off!
17. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends?
God is so kind and generous to bless me with an abundance of friends, but I am ashamed to say I isolate myself a lot. (Said for any of my friends who have not seen or heard from me so that you do not think I don’t consider you a friend! Me and God love you!)
18. Do you have a catchphrase?
God loves you! ❤
19. What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why?
Heaven! That’s my home! ❤ I am so homesick!!!
20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
Gail 😉 Because it is not my first name, it would simplify things…lol.
21. When was the last time you lied?
Honestly… That’s between the Lord and me. I try to be as honest as possible. Discretion is lying to some people, however “Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.” – James 5:19-20 KJV
22. What’s something that amazes you?
❤ ❤ The love of God!!!!! ❤ ❤
23. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
Absolutely invent a cure for deadly disease! (but on a day off I would explore whatever God wants to show us! His artwork is so amazing!!)
24. What is your favourite amateur activity?
Blogging or writing poetry I guess is amateur… but if it’s for, from, and about God that is all that matters! People need the Lord! And they need to know how much He loves them! ❤
25. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
I need to hurry and change out my pajamas to make it to my appointment with Dr. Buzz’s office. I am soooooo tempted to just wear them, but I don’t want everyone to think I’m crazy. I save that for my family and friends. 😉 (Thank You, God for my new comfy pjs I got for Christmas! I finally got to wear them! 🙂 )
26. What is your favourite song (at least at the moment)?
Take My Life and Let It Be Consecrated, Lord, to Thee hymn
27. List someone you know, and describe them in 5 words.
< 3 Jesus… loving, merciful, obedient, Holy, longsuffering! ❤
28. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would the question be?
God… why would You even make it an option for Your precious and only Begotten Son to leave You for even a moment to come and suffer such agony, pain, cruelty, torture, mockery, when You knew it was my vile and filthy rags that put Him there? I know You say it was because You love me, but how can You love me after all that You have seen me say and do… with my life… my body… my words… and my sick selfish nature? Why…WHY would You allow me to have anything to do with something as precious and Holy as the blood of Your Son! Jesus is so innocent and pure! He is Holy! Thank you for loving me enough to send Him! To even allow it. Help me to have the courage, the strength, the boldness that You say we need to have to come to Your throne! I want to be as clean as YOU make a life!!!!!!!! NO ONE CAN SAVE AND CLEANSE LIKE YOU! NO OTHER LOVE! THANK YOU< JESUS! ❤
29. Which celebrity or artist do you resemble the most?
Nowadays I have no clue, but when I was in my 20s I use to constantly be confused with a local reporter we once had in our area that set her boyfriend’s house on fire.
30. What do you want me to know?
❤ God loves you! ❤
It was a blessing answering these questions! I hope they bless you!
I nominate everyone reading this to write your own answers to these questions.
Yes YOU!! 🙂
You won’t be making it up. God did allow me to nominate you!
Share! Enjoy! Have a great time answering! God loves you! ❤
**originally posted 6.13.17**
(While I have been sharing the posts that I began with on this blog, this post was actually the first one I went public with. The Lord was leading me to encourage a dear friend, all the while using her to encourage me.)
That’s our God! ❤
Hi, my name is Gail. You should know that if you’re reading this, but it goes with the purpose of this blog post. I have accepted a 30 posts Challenge from a friend to share different aspects about myself. So as I embark on that challenge on a blog page I already have, I open the access to the page (during the challenge), and to me… and the most important thing you should ever know about me… gaillovesgod!
Being open is actually pretty nerve wracking to me, as I am a private person. I always make sure to tell everyone it is not about me. It’s all about my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Yes I am very sociable at times, but there are several people who are frustrated to this day because they have yet to hear a word from me despite hours of class, church, or spending hours…
View original post 248 more words
I ❤ every word of this verse!
One day we will gladly exclaim,
THIS is our God!
We have waited for Him! ❤
I’m gladly waiting for You, Lord! ❤
“So shalt thou find favour and good understanding
in the sight of God and man.”
– Proverbs 3:4 KJV
“Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain:
but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.”
– Proverbs 31:30 KJV
These are just a couple of Your verses that You have me thinking on with Carol Anne of Therapy Bits nominating me for the My 7 Favorite Things Tag! Thank You for her thoughtfulness, Lord.
Bless her and her blog.
Thank you, Carol Anne, for thinking of me with the nomination.
May God bless each one of you! He loves you each! ❤
1. Link back and thank the person who tagged you.
2. Link back and thank the blogger who started the tag.
(I don’t know who this is. In trying to find out, I see some have stated, “That was Beth.” However, I am uneasy with linking her page due to difficulties in verifying this.)
3. List and picture at least seven of your favorite things.
4. Tag at least seven people.
5. List the rules.
My 7 Favorite Things! In no particular order!
(This should JUST 7 of my favorite things because God’s blessings are too many to count. They are infinite! The are a delight to share and praise!)
1. I love that Jesus came for me! That little baby in the manger came to give His life for me, to save me from eternal death, and to give me eternal life. He did it for you too! And just in case you do not know it, He’s fine! He is risen! He’s alive! And He went away to prepare a place for you and me! Jesus loves you and me! ❤
“For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.”
– Romans 5:10 KJV
2. I love that God knows me by name… and everything about me… and He STILL loves me! For who I am! And I am His! ❤ I am so eager to get to heaven and learn my new name that only HE knows!
3. I love talking with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in prayer. And even more so while giving Him the reverent respect He deserves… kneeling. I used to love actually being able to lay on my face as they did in the bible (it’s called prostrate prayer) when I was physically able. But no one knows better than my Jesus that I am blessed to have finally been on my knees again recently for the first time in years! Praise God for doctors and therapists!
4. I love God’s Holy Word… aka the Holy Bible. I personally prefer using the KJV (King James Version), but the Lord can use what He will. It is His will, His spirit, and His personal relationship with each one. God’s love letter is the most incredible and thoughtful message to each one of us. Everyone is always saying I wish there was an instruction manual on life… THERE IS! We don’t always get the answers we want, and sometimes we have to learn the hard way that there is not a set answer for everything. But God is there! Waiting to meet you! ❤
“O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.” – Psalm 119:97 KJV
I have favorite verses ALL OVER THE BIBLE!
5. I love writing poetry and stories. God blessed me with this love at the age of 9, just after I was saved but was in foster care. It has helped to save me from myself. You can check out some of those writings on my poetry blog… gaillovesgodspoetry. My favorites are those that magnify and glorify Him… whether in the testimony He created in my life, or to write about the things He gives me… like trees. I am so fascinated by them. 🙂
6. I love ladies bible studies… especially with Keitha leading them! I am grateful to God for her heart for Him. She keeps it real. She keeps it about God. And God keeps Keitha’s personality all over. HE gave her that gift of encouragement and leadership. Thank You, God, for each time You have allowed me to attend… whether just a week or a whole series!
Me and God love you, Keitha! ❤
7. I love my gift from God… my son Anthoni (aka Inner Man Theatre). He has been a blessing from the day he arrived. God has amazed me, saved me, led me, taught me, and loved me through my son. People completely underestimate what children can do to save someone from their own lives. If you’re single, underage, in a difficult situation, abandoned, or in anyway blessed with a pregnancy that seems ungodly remember… ONLY GOD CAN GIVE LIFE! That innocent life may be the very rescue that you need. God has sent that child FOR YOU for some reason. He loves you! ❤
Queen of Unbreakable Queen’s Life Lessons Diary
Alyssa of The Ascender’s Touch
Caz of Invisibly Me
Melissa of Melissa McLaughlin
June of The Godly Chick Diaries
Christina of Justified and Redeemed
Regina of Help from Heaven
and anyone else who wants to do this tag… feel free to! 🙂
Please know this Tag is meant to be a blessing,
maybe even a smile on your face… on your day!
Praying for each of one you! God loves you!