GOD, I HAVE BEEN ENJOYING THE BIBLE READING PLAN YOU HAVE BEEN WALKING ME THROUGH. I’M SORRY TO BE SO LATE GETTING THEM ON, BUT WITH YOUR HELP WE’LL GET THEM ON LITTLE BY LITTLE.
NO RUSH. JUST CONVALESCING WITH YOU, AND FOLLOWING YOUR LEAD IN SHARING WITH OTHERS.
YOUVERSION (A BIBLE APP YOU HAVE BLESSED ME WITH)
IS DOING A PLAN CALLED LENT: REMEMBERING THE LIFE OF JESUS.
Day 5 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Jesus Begins His Ministry”
Reading: Matthew 4:12-17, Mark 1:14-15, Luke 4:14-15 KJV
- According to Matthew 4:12, what the catalyst that led Jesus to begin His ministry? Why do you think it played out this way?
– Jesus heard that John was cast into prison.
- Mark 1:15 tells us that Jesus began preaching repentance and for everyone to believe the “good news.” What is this good news?
– “The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand.” In other words the time frame of God’s promised events and deliverance was being fulfilled. Because Jesus was to reconcile us very soon, the entering in to God’s kingdom would be possible for us. Because Jesus fulfilled the time, and HE was the kingdom of God at hand… right before them.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
- Prayer: Pray for the people you work or go to school with.
– PTs, docs, nurses, technicians, staff, PAs, their families, pharmacy
- Remembrance: Think about the time when Jesus first became real to you. Write about it.
– Well, Jesus, I don’t know the first time. Is it when I was first given a verse to memorize of You? At 6 I memorized John 3:16, but not only did it NOT have the name Jesus in the verse, but God Himself and the world seemed third party. It just seemed like a nice story about people I didn’t know.
I guess at 8 would make sense because it was being introduced to You that broke my heart, and I believed enough to ask You into my heart and get baptized.
Knowledge, understanding, REAL are different words with different meanings.
- Self-Examination: Are there things you are filling your mind with that are causing you to drift from God?
– There are many things I allow to fill my mind that cause me to drift from You, God. I’m sorry and ashamed to say that. TV, gossip, negative thoughts (especially when stressed from health issues), the conversations of others around me. But if there is something I don’t know about, or that You consider a danger, or hindrance to You and me, please make it clear and help me to remove it. If You know I won’t or cannot on my own, remove it, Lord. And I pray for those around me the same.
A Kind Act
- Chose 3-5 pieces of clothing to donate to a local ministry or non-profit.
– Anthoni’s throwaways and mine (meaning we can’t wear them).