GOD, I HAVE BEEN ENJOYING THE BIBLE READING PLAN YOU HAVE BEEN WALKING ME THROUGH. I’M SORRY TO BE SO LATE GETTING THEM ON, BUT WITH YOUR HELP WE’LL GET THEM ON LITTLE BY LITTLE.
NO RUSH. JUST CONVALESCING WITH YOU, AND FOLLOWING YOUR LEAD IN SHARING WITH OTHERS.
YOUVERSION (A BIBLE APP YOU HAVE BLESSED ME WITH)
IS DOING A PLAN CALLED LENT: REMEMBERING THE LIFE OF JESUS.
Day 4 of 47 for Lent Plan – “The Temptation of Jesus”
Reading: Matthew 4:1-11, Luke 4:1-13 KJV
- Why do you think God allowed Jesus to be tempted in the wilderness?
– To allow Him to experience what temptation is like while in human flesh. Maybe to even try the flesh Jesus put on? Only You know, Lord. But it was for our benefit. We are so bad to say to others, “But you just don’t understand what I’ve been through until you’ve been through it yourself.” And even then we will say, “But it’s still not what I went through. You don’t understand how I feel!” As if life only matters regarding how WE feel.
- How many times did Satan tempt Jesus according to the passages you read?
– Three times
- What did Jesus use to combat the attacks of Satan?
– The word of God (the Bread of Life) 🙂
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
- Prayer: Pray for your closest friends.
– Sarah, Vickie, Keitha, Angie, Caz, Anita, Maxine, Wendi
Lord, I don’t really feel like I have any close friend other than You. I know I have an abundance of friends You have given me… too many to count 🙂 , but close friends are supposed to be there for each other. I only get to see them at Bible studies and events, and I am too unreliable with my help to consider myself a good friend to anyone, even to my dear friends on WordPress. Caz, Maxine, Wendi, Dawn, Mercy, and of course my Lovely A (Anita), and Lene, are absolutely God given friends. Margaret, Arianna, Abbey, Annabel, just to name a few. Even if I fail to be there for them, they are always a friend to me. Good and Godly friends.
- Remembrance: Think of a time you’ve felt bombarded by your spiritual enemy. Find a verse that will give you strength and meditate on it the next time this happens.
– I was bombarded when we were preparing to leave for Lattimore.
“Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.”
(Matthew 4:1 KJV)
“Then the devil leaveth Him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto Him.”
(Matthew 4:11 KJV)
Lord, these verses encourage me to know the Spirit was very aware of what was going with Jesus and very much in control. If I follow Your Spirit, I know He will lead me too. And if there arises any hardship, I know the angels with come and minister unto me too. Jesus Himself promised that if He went away to You that He would send the Comforter to help me remember the scripture, which is the very weapon Jesus used to address His temptation.
“But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” (John 14:26 KJV)
- Self-Examination: Is there a path you are currently on that will result in a negative or harmful outcome? What do you need to do to adjust your route?
– Impatience, easy to anger, and letting those who are trying to aggravate me or want to see me lose it get the best of me. What do You see, Lord? Holy Spirit, help me to adjust my secret sins.
A Kind Act
- Smile at a stranger
– The mailman, delivery guy, and pizza guy 🙂