GOD, I HAVE BEEN ENJOYING THE BIBLE READING PLAN YOU HAVE BEEN WALKING ME THROUGH. I’M SORRY TO BE SO LATE GETTING THEM ON, BUT WITH YOUR HELP WE’LL GET THEM ON LITTLE BY LITTLE.
NO RUSH. JUST CONVALESCING WITH YOU, AND FOLLOWING YOUR LEAD IN SHARING WITH OTHERS.
YOUVERSION (A BIBLE APP YOU HAVE BLESSED ME WITH)
IS DOING A PLAN CALLED LENT: REMEMBERING THE LIFE OF JESUS.
Day 2 of 47 for Lent Plan – “The Birth of Jesus”
Reading: Luke 1:26-45, Luke 2:1-20, and John 1:1-25 KJV
- Who told Mary that she would conceive and give birth to a Son?
The angel Gabriel
- What comforting words did he say to her?
– Luke 1:30? “And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.”
- What was Jesus called in John 1:1 and what do you think that means?
– The Word
– That He existed before the world began.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Thoughtful and understanding.
- Prayer: Pray for your immediate family members.
– Anthoni, Bobby, Sandra, Nathan, Tim, Homey, David
- Remembrance: Think about a time you were fearful, and reflect on how God comforted you.
– younger times (fc, fwR/betrayed by friends)
God used Mom and Gran, and many times was simply there with me even if I didn’t know it.
- Self-Examination: Are you generally someone who speaks life and praises God, or do you find that you complain and neglect praising God?
– God, I’ve always tried to and always want to speak life in praising You, yet even You know how I have to admit (ashamedly) that I complain (unfortunately about life itself) and tend to be so distracted by woes and fears that neglect praising You, my Lord God, Ruler of the Universe, and Creator of my soul. You deserve every breath I have to lift Your Holy name, and endless glory and honor. I’m sorry, God. I do love You! Holy Spirit, help me to praise my God as He deserves, and help me fight the father of confusion (Satan) to keep me from distractions.
A Kind Act
Offer to help a new mom or single mom financially, physically, or spiritually.
– Alyssa (New Mom)
– Sue (Single Mom)