GOD, I HAVE BEEN ENJOYING THE BIBLE READING PLAN YOU HAVE BEEN WALKING ME THROUGH. I’M SORRY TO BE SO LATE GETTING THEM ON, BUT WITH YOUR HELP WE’LL GET THEM ON LITTLE BY LITTLE.
NO RUSH. JUST CONVALESCING WITH YOU, AND FOLLOWING YOUR LEAD IN SHARING WITH OTHERS.
YOUVERSION (A BIBLE APP YOU HAVE BLESSED ME WITH)
IS DOING A PLAN CALLED LENT: REMEMBERING THE LIFE OF JESUS.
Day 1 of 47 for Lent Plan – “What Is Lent?”
Reading: Luke 1:5-25, Luke 1:57-80, and John 3:28-30 KJV
Lord, I begin this journey of Lent with You, and for You. To better remember what You went through with us… for me. After careful prayer in one on one thoughtful conversations, I am giving up all meats except fish until Easter, along with all sodas except light colored caffeine free… like Sprite, Sierra Mist. Trying also to avoid the caffeine in the sodas. If I need a caffeine drink to stimulate my body, I will drink tea. All of this is between You and me.
Day 1: What is Lent?
A man made tradition beginning Ash Wednesday, and ends on Saturday before Easter. Typically giving up something as a “penance” for our sins. A time to worship and pray, and remember what Jesus did for us, and also ask God to search our hearts and reveal any sinful ways we struggle with.
- What happened to John’s father, Zechariah, when he questioned the angel?
– He was made mute.
- Besides being the one who prepared the way for Jesus, how else was John the Baptist connected/related to Him?
– He was cousin to Jesus.
- What was the first thing Zechariah did when he could speak again?
– Zechariah praised God.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is. (You’ll do this every day, so keep a list going.
– Detailed. God, You are very detailed, and because You are… we are blessed with Your record also known as the Bible.
- Prayer: Make a list of the people in your life who don’t know Jesus and pray for their salvation. (Consider praying for these people every day of this plan).
– Michelle M and her girls and boys, Aneeta G and her girls, Christine, B-boy, Megans, Erin, Amy, Danielle, Charles B, Haley, Lisa, Heather, Kristin, Rob
- Remembrance: How often do you think about what Jesus did to save you? Meditate on what eternal life means to you.
– Usually all the time. I had to admit that I have allowed myself to be quite distracted the last couple of years, but I still remember. I am still grateful for all You’ve done.
- Self-Examination: Ask God to bring to light any sin that you aren’t aware of. Confess it and turn your back on it. (Make this a regular habit).
A Kind Act
- Write a note, email, or text message to someone who has gone before you and made your life better.
– Angie P. ❤ Dear Angie! 🙂