GOD, I HAVE BEEN ENJOYING THE BIBLE READING PLAN YOU HAVE BEEN WALKING ME THROUGH. I’M SORRY TO BE SO LATE GETTING THEM ON, BUT WITH YOUR HELP WE’LL GET THEM ON LITTLE BY LITTLE.
NO RUSH. JUST CONVALESCING WITH YOU, AND FOLLOWING YOUR LEAD IN SHARING WITH OTHERS.
YOUVERSION (A BIBLE APP YOU HAVE BLESSED ME WITH)
IS DOING A PLAN CALLED LENT: REMEMBERING THE LIFE OF JESUS.
Day 8 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Jesus Preaches Throughout All Galilee”
Reading: Matthew 4:23-25, Mark 1:35-39, Luke 4:42-44 KJV
- What things did Jesus do while He traveled throughout Galilee?
– Preached and Healed (and taught)
- Jesus healed people with various diseases. List what these were.
– sicknesses, disease, torments, possessed with the devil, lunatics, palsy, casting out devils
- What is the reason Jesus gave in Luke 4:43 as to why He was sent?
– to preach
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Healer. Thank You, God, for caring about even the mentally ill, no matter kight or severe. All my life anyone who had a mental health issue were simply “mental,” “crazy,” “”off their rocker.” My own Aunt Mildred was treated horribly. We were told not to listen to her or have anything to do with her because “she was crazy.” Later she was found to have been misdiagnosed in her 20s when the doctors told our family she had schizophrenia, put into a mental institution, given electric shocks, and put on medication for life.
The neurologist who treated her for her stroke in 2006 (in her 70s) said the MRI of her brain showed scarring from several small strokes, probably in her 20s, which were worsened by the electric shocks, and left her speech impaired, and gave her severe shaking.
Thank You, God for improving science, medical knowledge, mental awareness, and medications, and society’s improved acceptance. So many were used for jokes and cruelty! My anxiety feels like a curse most days, or a plague that renders the most brilliant and talented doctors ineffective because they are so intimidated or overwhelmed by it. Thank You for education on both sides.
Most of all, thank You for my therapist. Thank You for his patience, his compassion, his understanding, his skill, and all that You give him, and allow him to share with others… like me. Thank You that not all counselors/psychologists are bad. I pray for all of them because even the ones who try to genuinely help, they are human and have their own issues. And though they can’t help cure everything, they are not You either. Only You, God, know the human mind, the human spirit, and the human body perfectly. You allow healing, and You allow illness. Sometimes it is even by Your design.
Thank You for allowing Jesus to be our Wonderful Counselor as Your word says, and thank You for allowing the Holy Ghost to be our Comforter, and thank You for being such a loving Father, and a caring God. You are a good, good Father. It’s who You ARE!You’re a good, good Father, and I’m loved by You! ❤ I love You too! ❤ 🙂
- Prayer: Pray for the salvation of people in your life who don’t know Jesus.
- Remembrance: Think about a need you have met in someone else’s life. How did that make you feel?
– You bring to mind taking care of Bobby (my stepddad), and Mom as well. It makes me feel humbled, grateful, amazed. I would have thought I was unable to, and that no one else would have thought so either. Especially after I spent many years hearing You clearly telling me to respect Mom with submission until of age, then to move out and do it without any guilt or desire to come back. To continue to respect her as my Mother, and to leave how she was into Your hands, to focus on my own behavior, attitude, and my relationship with You. To remember that I am to be surrendered, submitted, and respectful to You… obedient. You had me carry Proverbs 3:5-6 with me.
“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
And, Lord, You are reminding me that I took care of Dad too. I often forget that. I just don’t think of taking care of someone as “something I did.” I’m supposed to do that because You tell me to, and You provide the strength or whatever else I need to do it as You promise. And anything I lack, You always show me purpose in it, and use it mightier than the strength You provide… even for the one who needed whatever it was that I couldn’t give… like healing. Again Your word comes to mind.
“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” – (2 Corinthians 12:9 KJV)
- Self-Evaluation: Is there any part of you that isn’t well? Whether it’s emotionally, spiritually, financially, mentally, or physically, bring this concern before God.
– Oh, LORD, my dear Father God. I think the positive would be to find what IS well. My spirit is well when I keep my mind on You! That’s why You constantly have me sing, “It is well.” The first line is where my soul is always drawn to AND comforted no matter the circumstance.
“When peace like a river attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot Thou hast taught me to say,
“It is well, it is well with my soul!”
It is well with my soul!
It is well, it is well with my soul!”
– It Is Well, hymn lyrics by Horatio Gates Spafford
Even the pain becomes a peace like I can’t put into words, and like nothing else can do. No medicine can touch the peace that passes all understanding! The God of peace provides His peace the way He sees best! ❤
**Side note** This question made me smile after talking with my therapist yesterday (now day before). I will try to make a better effort in making notes. By Your grace and in YOUR strength.
A Kind Act
- Write a note of gratitude to Your mail carrier.