God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called Lent: Remembering the Life of Jesus.
Day 11 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Peter Says Jesus Is The Messiah”
Reading: Matthew 16:13-20, Mark 8:27-30 KJV
- Who did the people think Jesus was?
– Elias or John the Baptist back from the dead. Some said Jeremiah or one of the prophets.
- What disciple was the first to say who Jesus really was?
– Simon Peter
- Why do you think Jesus didn’t want anyone to know He was the Messiah?
– It was not the time yet. He dd not want anyone to hinder his purpose/plan.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Triune/Trinity (The Father, The Son (Messiah), and The Holy Ghost)
- Prayer: Pray for your closest friends.
- Remembrance: Think about Jesus’ life on earth, and the people who didn’t believe He was the Messiah. Consider what stance you could have taken had you been alive then.
– Would of course I would love to believe I would have stood up for Him or at least clung to His side, but the reality is only certain people were allowed to even know “who He was,” and when everyone was allowed to hear, only certain ones would believe. God foretold this in His word and through His prophets. Jesus knew :a prophet is not accepted in his own kingdom.”
- Self-Examination: Has there been a time when you’ve questioned your faith in Jesus? Write about that.
– I question my faith at times, but it’s on MY part, not on believing who Jesus is. Sometimes Satan tries to convince me, “What if He’s not REALLY who He says He is and you’re wasting your belief on Him?” My answer is, “Then I die still believing!” “And loving Him!” “I love Him with all I have til death do us part!” I BELIEVE 100% Jesus is who He says He is! And I cling to the song He gave me at 9 yrs old while in foster care.
“Jesus got a hold of my life and He won’t let me go.
Jesus got into my heart. He got into my soul.
I use to be oh so sad, but not I’m just free and glad,
Cause Jesus got a hold of my life and He won’t let me go.”
A Kind Act
- Let someone go ahead of you in line at the store or while driving on the road.