God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called Lent: Remembering the Life of Jesus.
Day 10 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Jesus Sends Out The Twelve Disciples”
Reading: Matthew 10:1-15 KJV
- By whose authority did the disciples drive out demons and heal the sick?
– Christ Jesus
- Who were the disciples suppose to go to? What items were they to take with them?
– They were to go to the lost sheep of the children of Israel, taking nothing but to preach and share their peace. If their words were not accepted they were to dust the bottom of their shoes off and leave that place.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Omnipotent. Thank You, God, for having all power to heal us, to teach us, to preach the truth and love You know we need. Thank you for being willing to meet us right where we are, and powerful enough to bring us out to You! ❤ Amen!
- Prayer: Pray for your immediate family members.
- Remembrance: Think of a time when You were desperate for God. How did God come through for you?
– Lord, I remember a time that I was desperate not to sin against You. I was scared I would lose You because the temptation was a relationship that You were making clear not to enter into. Yet I struggled because I was not new to being a Christian, and I wasn’t new to trying to be a Christian while dating, it wasn’t the maturest I had been so far with Your word.When I first met him he was nowhere near believing in You and living by Your standards. I didn’t even like him as a person.
But through the years he changed. We all noticed. His family and friends, my family and friends, and our mutual friends. However I was the only one who did not see his heart for me. When someone mentioned it I was always too sure it was just him wanting something he couldn’t have. As his faith was growing stronger too, I was convinced it was still the same thing. But before I knew it I was believing it enough to have a heart for him. He made it clear to all our friends and family of his true intentions.Unfortunately it began to threaten our physical relationship in some ways. I remember being on my knees and my face begging You to let me die before letting me sin against You. It was a gut wrenching time, but unnecessarily so.
Struggling with 2 Corinthians 6:14 should not have been a problem, but I did struggle with trying to know how if he genuinely believed. Then I heard 3 fellow believers who I knew firmly believe in You, and knew Your word, discussing this verse.
“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?” – (2 Corinthians 6:14 KJV)
One was asking who are we to judge if someone believes. The other answered it was not judging, that it was knowing for ourselves, that we had a God given responsibility to know and protect our own relationship/walk, as well as not to assume someone else did believe so we would not walk away from lovingly leading, teaching, nor be arrogant in assuming someone did not believe just because we had different opinions. The key thing I heard was them reading a verse from the bible that said Satan and his angels believe in God and tremble too.
“Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.” – (James 2:19 KJV)
When I ended that relationship, it hurt us both terribly. It crushed me more than anyone knows. But it’s my own fault. Regardless if I understand definitions or even the message, You were personally talking to me (which a lot of people are not blessed to have), making a clear NO.If I had swiftly obeyed as You teach us to do, I would not have brought pain and confusion to either one of us.
Yet You, God, are the most loving, merciful, forgiving God filled with grace. You helped me through that like I cannot put into words. How I learned so much. And You deepened so many relationships with fellow believers… clean, pure, godly in every way. YOU helped me through with Your word, Your people, Your whispers, and time!
- Self-Examination: In what ways do you rely on God?
– In every way possible!!
A Kind Act
- Give the biggest tip you can to a server at a restaurant.
– The lady at LJS (not turning in a complaint).
– The guy at Subway.