God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called Lent: Remembering the Life of Jesus.
Day 14 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Miracle: Herd of Pigs”
Reading: Mark 5:1-20 KJV
- What were the first words from the demon-possessed man to Jesus after he fell on his knees? Write any thoughts you have about this.
– He bid Jesus to let him come with Him, but Jesus said, “Go home to your friends and tell them what great things the LORD has done for you, and hath had compassion on you.” (This reminds me of the hymns “Great Is Thy Faithfulness” and “To God Be The Glory.”)
- Mark 5:17 says, “Then the people began to plead with Jesus to leave their region.” Why do you think they felt this way after seeing this miracle?
– Some people (even then) believed that the devil was wicked and so powerful that only Satan could cast out demons, which completely undermines the Supreme Power and Supreme Authority that God has over ALL, including Satan and his demons. After all, it was God who kicked them out of heaven.
- Sometimes Jesus told people not to say anything about His miracles but in this case, He told the man to “tell how much the LORD has done for you” to his own people. Why do you think Jesus wanted him to share?
– The man in the tombs was so well known and his story so serious. He was known as the crazy man who hangs around the tombs, carrying on, and cutting himself. His story has been a long one too, years of torment. Jesus wanted to show He could set ANYONE free, and heal ANYONE no matter how bad things are. Even Satan and his demons had no power over the Son of God.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Omnipotent. Thank You for being more powerful than anything that comes at me (even Satan and his demons), no matter where it has taken me (even the pit of depression).
- Prayer: Pray for yourself – your needs, concerns, desires, dreams.
- Remembrance: Think about a time God came through for you in a huge way. Write about it or share it with someone.
– Lord, I remember when I first started developing anxiety so severely that my world would literally turn upside down out of nowhere while driving. It scared me so. I became so afraid to go out or do anything that I even started developing Agoraphobia (often a progressive phobia that may eventually lead to a fear of leaving the house. However, it is the panic attack, rather than the act of being in public, that is the cause of the fear.) I even began to have episodes of hyperventilating that rendered me passed out on the floor (although my brain would still be somewhat alert). As a single mom, barely out of my teens, I was afraid I would end up institutionalized and medicated.
How grateful I am that You brought me through that and helped me to be a strong mom for my son, especially in my walk with You. You helped me to become reliable, wise, insightful, loving, and able to talk about anything to gain a sense of diligence, integrity, and strong values on honesty, and trusting You no matter what in the eyes of my son, my family, and friends, and more importantly You! You helped me to become something I didn’t even know existed in people. How could I have ever imagined or hoped to be something I never witnessed? YOU! Only by Your great and merciful love! Your grace taught me more than I can ever put into words, but because You have made me Your pen, Your writer, Your voice, I keep trying to share as much as You will allow!
Psalm 45:1 has long been one of the verses You gave me. “My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue if the pen of a ready writer.”
- Self-Examination: Do you feel that you are a person who shares what God has done in your life? Why or why not?
– I try to be… every breath of my life. You are worthy of every single word! Praise! Glory! Honor! You have done so much for me that I am constantly amazed that You would do what You have done for even me. The God of the universe thought I was worth loving! Your Son (Precious Son) thought I was worth dying for, and then thought I was worth living for! Your Holy Spirit thinks I’m worth trusting with the whispers that make me fall more and more in love with You, with Your Son, and with Your Holy Ghost every hour of every day and night! ❤
How could I not but tell it! To shout it from the tip of my pen! And to share with every human being that Jesus died for me! He loves them too! And they need to know!
A Kind Act
- Bring in your neighbor’s garbage bin (or do something else kind for your neighbor).
– Being yesterday was trash day, I will wait for Your leading, Lord, on what to do.
I love You, Father God! ❤
I love You, Jesus Christ! ❤
I love You, Holy Spirit! ❤