God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called Lent: Remembering the Life of Jesus.
Day 12 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Miracle: Catch of Fish”
Reading: Luke 5:1-11 KJV
- What was Jesus doing before He spoke to Peter?
- What did Peter say to Jesus after the great catch of fish? Why do you think he said that?
– “Depart from me. I am a sinner, Lord.” He felt ashamed and unworthy as we all do when we understand who He is and what He did for us while we were yet sinners.
- What would Peter and the disciples be fishing for from now on? What does this mean?
– fishing for men… Jesus meant that they would be bringing lost and unsaved souls to faith in Christ by telling them the “Good News.” ❤
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Powerful. Thank You, Lord, for the blessing of Your power to demonstrate for us even when we are convinced that we know best from our earthly experiences. How limited we are. How futile our knowledge is without Your wisdom, Your discernment, and Your powerful hand in on it. Thank You for Your powerful persuasion.
- Prayer: Pray for the people you work or go to school with.
– Do I pray for those from the past or think of this as those I do physical therapy with? I’ll do both as You lead.
- Remembrance: Think of a time God provided for you in a miraculous way.
– You bring to mind when You had Temple bring us (me and Anthoni) groceries to Lattimore when we sure needed food. They called it “Doing a Pounding.” They brought us several large boxes of groceries by surprise. We went from having to spread out the 5 or 10 items we had in the fridge and cabinets altogether to overloading the fridge, the freezer, and every cabinet space we had, with boxes still on the floor to go through.
The boxes included toilet paper, laundry supplies, kitchen supplies, bathroom/shower supplies, personal body items, and even books! One that was meant to go to Jenny, but You had us believe You were thinking on us through her.
And dear Melissa, I will never forget dear Melissa delightfully surprising me with a note, a card. I found it while Pastor Bray and Anthoni were outside talking. I couldn’t help but cry and cry hard, even though I don’t typically cry. I was so touched that someone thought of me by name. I was so touched to realize even though we had moved away to help Anthoni get through his bible college, and was required to become a member of one of their churches that Temple still thought of us as family.
Of course we still thought of them as family, but I was surprised. I thought we were considered “no longer members,” so no longer eligible for being church family. I was so unfamiliar with church growing up. It was just a place we sometimes went to, and strove what seemed like forever just to show up. I didn’t know “church life” until Nazarene, but church family I learned from Temple. I learned from their teaching, loving, and actions… that I had always had church family in both. I will always be grateful for that time in Lattimore. Just You, me, and Anthoni. And because he was in school and active with ministry and friends, it was You and me in what felt like the promised land.
My first favorite hymn there You gave me was “I Must Tell Jesus.” And I did! Every tear and breath You gave! All for joy for growing in You. Through It All, You were our provision, and my ROCK! My Hero! My Savior! ❤
- Self-Examination: Do you tend to be someone who offers to help others? How could you be part of a miracle for someone else?
– I try to help, Lord, wherever You will allow. Just to do a little something to help someone with something that they weren’t expecting can make more of a difference than we know. Sometimes a miracle is just knowing someone else was thinking of you with the very thing only God knew you needed. Just like each one who had put in a can, or a jar, or a toothbrush, or a book, or a card in the gift that came to us. Thank You, God! You are my miracle! Every day! ❤
A Kind Act