God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called Lent: Remembering the Life of Jesus.
Day 17 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Miracle: Jesus Walks On Water”
Reading: Matthew 14:22-33, Mark 6:45-52 KJV
- According to these two passages, it appeared that the boat that held the disciples was being tossed by the waves for a long time. Why do you think Jesus waited to go out to them until just before dawn?
– So no one else would see Him walking on the water??
- What did the disciples feel when they saw Jesus walking on the water?
– Troubled, fear
- What did Peter do that made Him begin to sink?
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Patient. Thank You for being patient with us, even in our doubts and disobedience.
- Prayer: Pray for your extended family members.
- Remembrance: Think of a time when you felt like you were sinking. Write about how God worked in your life.
– Lord, You have me thinking on my health. Particularly, after Mom passed, and I had become so immobile. I couldn’t sit without pain, stand without pain. I couldn’t even tolerate a pillow against my back. It was hard to sit because just to have my back against the chair was so painful. And I was so sleep deprived. My doctors referred to it as being clinically sleep deprived because even with all the strong medicines they were giving me for muscles, nerves, pain, anxiety, and more they did not do anything to make me sleep. They tried, but the only way I could tell was my body would get so much worse as if to retaliate for lack of sleep. I could literally feel it in my brain.
I thought for sure I was getting ready to die with my health so bad, only getting worse, and the doctors would only focus on my weight, I agree it wasn’t helpful, but whatever was going on with my health was causing the weight gain. I thought I was sinking. I thought it was hopeless.
Yet, You! (But God! 🙂 ) had different plans. You knew I had genuine issues. Day by day, You sent me help. You sent me compassion. You sent me support (emotionally, physically, and mentally). You sent healing in some areas (AND I WILL TAKE ANY! Praise Your Holy Name!). That first nerve block to my lumbar helped me to go straight home, lay on my side, and SLEEP for 5 solid hours with no pain! ONLY YOU! Thank You, God, for Dr. Buzz! Thank You for Blake! Thank You for SEPT! Thank You for Brett! Thank You for Samantha, Melanie, Jasmine, Kari, and everyone with CarePartners! THANK YOU! ❤
- Self-Examination: Do you find yourself spiritual doubts? If so, voice those to God and ask Him for some courage.
– Lord, I do struggle with doubting if I doubt. I know You and Your word are 100% true, reliable, faithful, and one of the most essential things we need that You have provided. Satan comes at me, past negative experiences come at me, enemies come at me, life comes at me, ALL trying to tell me otherwise. I praise You for the courage You give, and pray for more courage. All the courage You know I need.
Philippians 4:13 says ”
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”
Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus
Trust and Obey
Only Trust Him
I love these hymns!! ❤
A Kind Act
- Help someone with a task at work, school, or home.