God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called Lent: Remembering the Life of Jesus.
Day 20 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Healing: Bleeding Woman & Girl’s Life”
Reading: Matthew 9:18-26, Mark 5:21-43 KJV
- Jairus, the synagogue leader, fell at the feet of Jesus because of his daughter. Why would this have been a daring act on his part?
– The man could have been thrown out of the synagogue.
- What two things did the bleeding woman do to be healed?
– touched the hem of His robe
– fought the crowd
– confessed it was her
– had faith
- How did the people respond when Jesus said that the girl wasn’t dead, but asleep?
– They laughed at Him.
- Did Jesus want the people to spread the news about raising the girl from the dead?
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
Accessible. Thank You, Jesus, for being accessible to the lady who touched the hem of Your garment, for Jairus wherever he was leading You to, and the little girl who was dead but You gave new life. Thank You for being accessible to me. 🙂 I love You!
- Prayer: Pray for your church leaders and your neighbors.
– Lord, I pray for everyone regarding this virus. Thank You for helping the pastors with doing church services online. I pray for them in the days ahead. Protect them and their families as well. Help all who are sick, and protect the well. I pray about this need for test kits, testing results, quarantining, controlling the spread to prevent it, for all those quarantined (especially not in the comfort of their home, as well as for those who home is not a good place to be.) I pray for the leaders, the schools, the parents, the children, the hospitals, medical staff, workplaces, emergency responders and more. I say a special order for Italy, Chine, Europe, Spain, New York, California, the military bases, that lawyer, all those coming home to America, and everywhere You know there is need for prayer.
I pray for our family, friends, and associates.
In Jesus’ Name, amen.
- Remembrance: Think of situations where you’ve seen God heal others. Write about the most memorable one and give Him thanks.
– Naturally I think of when Anthoni was diagnosed with bone cancer, but the doctor doing his surgery wanted to do pathology to determine how far the cancer had gone before he removed it. He and his attending colleague saw the cancer during the surgery to determine what it was, but he was trying to save Anthoni’s bones as much as he could. The pathology came back reading it was a fracture healed in a way they had never seen.
I also think on my brother Nathan who was near death over his liver. He was already an HIV patient for 19 years , and on top of it developed Hemochromatosis. He shuffle walked with a cane, had severe pain on his side day and night, unable to take ANY pain medicine because it made it worse, and he struggled to find a doctor who could help. The ones he saw wrote him off as dying, with nothing they could do. He even went to a doctor in Tennessee. He had severe nose bleeds from busted veins in his sleep as a symptom.
But then You let my brother in law’s grandmother introduce him to milk thistle from the reservation. He researched on it and found it was sold with the vitamins. He completely healed. That was 19 years ago. He is a nurse, takes care of our brother in law who is in the hospital, and he’s come through 2 cancer diagnoses on his liver by choosing surgery right off with no chemo or radiation, or any trials. The milk thistle made a huge difference. It saved His life… 3 times now! Praise Your Holy name!
He also gave it to my mom when she was says she was diagnosed with cirrhosis, and it brought her sugar so low that she no longer had to take her diabetic meds, shots, prick her finger., and be listed as a diabetic to the kitchen when she was in the hospital.
- Self- Examination: Is there anything you’ve suffered with for years that you have begged to remove from you? How have you handled on this season?
– Lord, just the thought of that question exhausts me. The tears. The circles. The strength. The energy! The constant tug of war of it being my fault or Your will. What I do remember as I am praying, listening, is allowing this very story of the bleeding woman to bring me peace of mind and affirmation when I struggle with thinking having to have the hysterectomy the doctor said I had to do as sinful, that it was simply an avenue of healing. You allowed that surgery to heal years of painful issues and the tumor that was affecting my bladder. You brought healing and reassurance. And because I learned of it afterwards,, my mind’s attempt to claim I was using Your word to excuse what I did was put to rest before even becoming a thought. THANK YOU!
A Kind Act
- Post something encouraging and kind on social media.
– Bible verses, Birthday greeting