God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called Lent: Remembering the Life of Jesus.
Day 19 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Healing: Man With Leprosy”
Reading: Matthew 8:1-4, Mark 1:40-45, Luke 5:12-16 KJV
- What two things did Jesus do to heal the man with leprosy?
– Jesus reached out His hand and touched him.
- What did Jesus tell the man He cured and why?
– To go home and tell no one, because it was not His time to go the cross yet. He had more to do.
- Luke 5:16 tells us that Jesus often withdrew from others to pray. Why do you think He needed to do this?
– To regain strength, rest, and wisdom from the Father. He was in the flesh. He needed to clear His mind so that He could hear God and be kingdom minded.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Healer. Thank You, Lord, for the many times You have sent me healing, as well as my son, family, friends, and many others. Praise Your Holy name!
I pray for healing now for all those sickened by the Coronavirus, and protect those who do not have it now. In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen.
- Prayer: Pray for the work or go to school with.
– Lord, I pray for every American and human being around those world regarding the virus. Heal the sick, protect the well, help the doctors, medical personnel, and leaders.
- Remembrance: Think of a time God has healed you – financially, physically, emotionally, mentally, or spiritually. Write down your thoughts.
– There was a time, Lord, that each of these areas were hard hit at the same time. I had just lost my dad, I was told my son had bone cancer in his left arm, I was given a diagnosis of Lupus and a blood clotting disorder, was going through bankruptcy, was struggling to get family protecting Anthoni from the history of child molestation that occurred at times with different family members growing up because they were they were so defensive of the abusers, had constant family fights because I chose to live my life for God following His ways not mine, and teaching them to my son, while learning Christian teenagers know how to use the bible to manipulate their parents, which seemed so harmless but was driving me to feel I was failing as a Christian mom.
You brought us through it all. You allowed the several tests and surgeries to bring results of a fracture in Anthoni’s arm instead of cancer. (PRAISE YOU!), allow more tests with specialists to tell me my Lupus test was a false positive. You used my coworkers with a heart to put money together for Anthoni which helped get him better and gave us meals. You used our church family to support us in more ways than I have paper! They helped to protect Anthoni, support me morally with my family issues, gave Anthoni Godly examples to follow, and used Pastor Boyer to teach me about Christian teenagers using the bible to manipulate parents (and saved my sanity) , guided Anthoni into maturing in his faith, being there for him during the loss of his grandfather and the cancer scare (which they sent the note to me to have his hand checked). You saw us through the bankruptcy and sent us Linda (my mentor and friend), the warehouse family, the prayer cloth through Kathleen, Jean as my boss, Teresa from Temple, and so much more. You worked in our family too.
- Self-Examination: How often do you retreat in order to spend time with Jesus> Ponder this and ask God if this amount should increase and how you can adjust your daily schedule.
– I can’t live without coming to You, Jesus. I run to You with every breath I can. I get ridiculed for it, but I don’t care. I Need Thee Every Hour! ❤ I even close my eyes and go inside my head as much as I have to for meeting You where no one else has access to me! 🙂 I could always use more time. When You want to provide opportunities, and whatever You want to do with my schedule. I want to follow You no matter what!
A Kind Act
- Donate a piece of furniture that you no longer need.
– This one will be a challenge, Lord, considering I don’t have any furniture.