God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called Lent: Remembering the Life of Jesus
Day 23 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Healing: Crippled Woman”
Reading: Luke 13:10-17 KJV
- How bad was the woman’s condition once Jesus healed her, what was her response?
– She could not straighten/stand up from being bowed over. After Jesus healed her, she glorified Him.
- What the synagogue leader’s response to what Jesus did? Why?
– The leader was indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath.
- In Luke 13:17, how did the people respond to Jesus’ rebuke?
– They were ashamed, and rejoiced for all that was done by Him.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Authoritative. Thank You, Jesus, for having authority over illness, bondage, over man.
- Prayer: Pray for your immediate family members.
- Remembrance: Think of a time in your life when Jesus did something unlikely for you. Share about it.
– Lord, You bring to mind how You did something highly unlikely in my life, my family, what seemed like the world. When Anthoni was born I thought for sure I had lost my family (on both sides) because Anthoni would be of mixed race. Both sides of our family were extremely prejudice, and the world felt like it was too.
Dad’s family was so prejudiced that they were in the KKK and bragged about killing people. While Dad didn’t care for that, they still kept up with what was going on with our family. Mom’s family was prejudiced, but had the common saying, “They are okay to work with, especially to hire as a nanny or cook or something like that, but you don’t bring them home with you.” Many of them were just as violent but in private.
When Anthoni came along, they fell in love with him, many in awe. I was dumbfounded at the attention they gave him. Sometimes I would hear the phrase, “Well, it’s not his fault.” But they were just as loving to me. I admit I did not know my Mom was telling everyone that I was raped, but even people she didn’t know said the same thing. It was like Anthoni was Your way of having people realize where they got their prejudice from, and if they even really agreed. Even the worst of them all eventually started showering him with money.It felt like the world had realized they really just didn’t hate people the way they were taught.
- Self-Examination: There are people in our lives who discourage us and those who encourage us. Who do you tend to listen to more? Why?
– I try to always listen to You, Lord, and the resources You lead me to or bring to me. All of those are encouraging. I admit I struggle with listening to voices in my head, sometimes my own, but I am trying to hear You. I’m sorry I seem to have a hard time hearing You lately. I want to hear You and only You. I know by doing so I will only hear who and what You want me to.
I love You, Jesus! I love You, Holy Spirit! I love You, Father God!
A Kind Act
- Write a note to an extended family member.