God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called 40 Days of Lent.
Day 24 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Healing: Man Born Blind”
Reading: John 9:1-34 KJV
- According to John 9:3, what seems to be a common cause for someone having an infirmity like blindness?
– For God’s purpose, to glorify God.
- How was the healing different than Jesus merely saying the word?
– He used mud to put in the blind man’s eyes, and He had spit in that mud.
- Why were the religious leaders angry that this man was healed?
– Because Jesus healed Him on the Sabbath.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Interesting. Lord, Your ways are so unique so interesting, often teaching us wisdom if we just ask, listen, and pay attention. Thank You for being free with Your knowledge.
- Prayer: Pray for your extended family members.
- Remembrance: John 9:25 is a profound statement, “One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!” Have you ever felt something like this? Fill in your own blanks: I was filth but now I am cleansed.
– Thank You, God, for it. Thank You, Jesus, for ridding me of filth, cruelty, and ungodly ways and ungodly people. In Your name I pray. Amen.
- Self-Examination: Think about something great that happened in your life that you just can’t explain. Write about it.
– Anthoni!! Why You allowed a single teenager who was promiscuous to have a child she had been praying for, and blessed Anthoni and me! I can’t explain except that it was all by Your hand! Answered prayer.
A Kind Act
- Buy or pick flowers for someone