God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called 40 Days of Lent.
Day 26 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Parable: The Sower”
Reading: Mark 4:1-20 KJV
- Where was Jesus when He taught this parable? What made Him teach from that location?
– In a ship out on the sea because the multitude was so large.
- List the four places that the farmer scattered seed what happened to each seed and what happened to each seed.
– 1. The seed that fell by the WAYSIDE places were seeds that heard the word but was eaten by the fowls of the air, Satan coming to snatch it away.
2. The seed that fell on STONY GROUND withered and died because it had no roots.
3. The seed that fell among THORNS was choked up by the cares of this world.
4. The seed that fell on GOOD GROUND was planted and grew good fruit.
- When a seed is sown ‘ among thorns,” what makes it fruitful?
– The cares of the world chokes it out. It is not put fully into God’s hands. Being in even a part of the world’s hands can bring destruction.
- Worship: Write down one tribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Teacher. Thank You for teaching us the parable of The Sower, and for showing how You had to teach it.
- Prayer: Pray for the people you work or go to school with.
– Lord, I pray for Your hedge of protection on us all, a special prayer for Blue Ridge Metal.
- Remembrance: Think of a time in your life when the worries and desires of the world pulled at you and sent you down a wrong path. How did God intervene in your life?
– God, I am grateful for every way You intervened with Charlotte and Dwayne.
- Self-Examination: Do you tend to entertain temptation when it is in front of you or do you run from it?
– Lord, I pray I always resist temptation as You advise in Your word. I pray I run as fast and as far as I can.
A Kind Act
- Make or buy a meal for someone.