God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called 40 Days of Lent.
Day 28 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Parable: Good Samaritan”
Reading: Luke 10:25-37 KJV
- What was the question from the expert in the law that began this parable? What was his intentions in asking?
– He asked what must he do to be saved. He was trying to tempt Jesus, even his question on who was his neighbor was just an attempt to justify himself.
- How did Jesus respond?
– He told the parable of the Good Samaritan.
- According to this parable, what should we do for our neighbor?
– love our neighbor as our self by showing mercy.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Thank You, Lord, for being so merciful.
- Prayer: Pray for yourself – your needs, concerns, desires, dreams.
- Remembrance: Think about a time when someone went above and beyond to help You in Your time of need, Write about it.
– Lord You bring to mind when Mrs. C. had me working and cleaning her house on Fridays when I was 13 years old. She was a teaching going out of her way to spend time with me. I had no idea how much of a need I was in. Thank You for all the years and all the love you sent me through her. Hug her for me! ❤
- Self-Examination: When You see someone in need, do You tend to offer help? Why or why not?
– Yes. Sometimes too much. I can even make people mad around me. But, Lord, I pray I always help. If you sent me to them, You sent them to me too! ❤
A Kind Act
- Give your favorite book to a friend.
– Lord, my favorite book is Your HOLY WORD! As soon as this Corona Virus threat is gone, just tell me who! ❤ 🙂