God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called 40 Days of Lent.
Day 30 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Parable: Lost Son”
Reading: Luke 15:11-32 KJV
- How much did the younger son receive of his father’s estate and what did he do with it?
– All of his inheritance, and he wasted it on drinking, harlots, and riotous living.
- What was it that made the younger brother realize what he was doing and go back home to his family?
– Hunger caused him to think on “Even the servants of his family had plenty to eat and to spare.”
- The passage said that while the younger was still far away that the father saw him. What does that tell you about the father?
– That he had been looking for him to come home so badly. Hoping with the faith prodigaf possibility.
- Do you find yourself identifying with the older brother and being bothered by the father’s response? Why or why not?
– I did when I first read it, and at times wen you see such wicked people gain and prosper while the innocent are enslaved and stolen of everything to do with their life. But when I read the part where his father says, ” All that I have is thine” it shows justice is still just, but he is teaching his older son compassion on his younger brother.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Thank You, God, for being such a loving FATHER. ❤
- Prayer: Pray for your immediate family members.
- Remembrance: Think of a time you were shown mercy after doing something you shouldn’t have done. Write about it.
– There was a time when I went off on a big adventure in the world, only to return in tears and changed for life. God was so merciful to ride home with me, and use that time to make me a new person, the person I am today.
- Self- Examination: Do you lean more towards showing people mercy or hoping they get what they deserve? Ponder this and ask God for insight.
– Father God, I pray I’m always showing the mercy You expect me to extend, and pray for discernment in following Your will.
A Kind Act
- Make a donation to a cause – it doesn’t have to be a lot.
– I gave to Franklin Graham’s ministry Samaritan’s Purse toward the work they are doing in New York through the Mercy Ship to help lighten the burden of the hospitals and to minister to everyone.