God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called 40 Days of Lent.
Day 32 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Parable: Unforgiving Debtor”
Reading: Matthew 18:21-35 KJV
- How did the king respond to the debtor who fell before him begging for mercy?
– He had compassion on him, loosed him (let him free of his obligation to pay back) from the debt owed. He wiped away the debt altogether. (Showed him mercy.
- How would you expect the man to react after such mercy? How did he react?
– You would think He would be grateful/thankful. So much that he should have given the same mercy to the one who owed him a debt, but he did not. Instead, he through him into prison till the debt was paid.
- What did the lord do to the man he showed mercy to?
– When his lord heard what he did to the one who owed him a debt. not showing mercy as he was shown mercy by his lord, the lord rebuked him and gave him to the tormentors until his own debt was paid to his lord.
- What was the point of this parable?
– To remind us to show others the same mercy that Christ has shown us.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Merciful. Thank You, Jesus, for being merciful unto me a sinner, unto my son, my family, my friends, to everyone! Thank You! PRAISE YOUR HOLY NAME!
- Prayer: Pray for your closest friends.
- Remembrance: Think of a time someone forgave you something. Write about how you felt?
– Lord, there are so many things I have been forgiven for, shown mercy by so many, and cannot begin to count your mercies unto me. Humbled! How else can one feel when truly forgiven of something so sinful when the one you wronged is the one forgiving?
- Self-Examination: Do you have an easy time forgiving people? Why or why not?
– I don’t know that I can say it’s always easy, but I pray I always do because You have shown mercy to us, and we never know when we are forgiving someone who is exactly where we once were, doing what we once did, or God forbid where we would have been had it not been for the loving intervention of Christ! ❤
A Kind Act
- Leave a kind note on someone’s car.
– This one will be a challenge, Lord, during this COVID -19 time, especially with sheltering in place (Stay at Home) and no contact with one another or surfaces. You lead, I’ll follow! ❤
I love You, Lord! ❤
I love You, Jesus! ❤
I love You, Holy Spirit! ❤