God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called 40 Days of Lent.
Day 46 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Holy Week: Holy Saturday”
Reading: Matthew 27:62-66 KJV
- Why did the leading priests and Pharisees go to see Pilate on the sabbath?
– To guard/secure the sepulchre through the third day.
- What were they afraid of?
– The disciples stealing Jesus’ body and claiming that Jesus rose from the grave.
- What did Pilate do to ease their fear?
– Placed a guard in front of the tomb.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Resurrected/Alive. Thank You, Jesus, for conquering death. Thank You for holding the power of life and death… ETERNAL life.
- Prayer: Pray for your closest friends.
- Remembrance: That about that day all those years ago. If you were a follower, you were devastated – you started to doubt the last few years. If you hated Him, you were scared that He was going to do what He said He would – come back to life. Ponder your thoughts.
– You have me thinking so heavy. Today is the biggest, most emphasized SELAH EVER. There’s something so sacred and Holy about the Sabbath to You, that even when orchestrating the most important thing in life (Your Son’s death, burial, and resurrection), no one was doing anything on this Holy day. Rest. Convalesce.
- Self-Examination: When things don’t turn out the was you expected, do you immediately go to doubting God or do you trust Him regardless?
– While I tend to doubt myself, Jesus and His Father are always worth hanging onto.
A Kind Act
- Thank someone for what they mean to you.