God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called 40 Days of Lent.
Day 43 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Holy Week: Judas’s Intent to Betray Jesus”
Reading: Matthew 26:14-16, Mark 14:10-11, Luke 22:1-6 KJV
- What do you think made Judas go to the priests in order to betray Jesus?
– Satan entered Judas and used greed, wanting to make a name for himself.
- How did the religious leaders respond when Judas came to them?
– They were glad because they were looking for a way to catch Jesus and kill Him.
- What kind of opportunity was Judas looking for?
– A convenient way to betray Jesus, To get Him alone.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Aware. Jesus, Your awareness of who Judas was and what He would do speaks volumes of mercy, and love we’ll never fully know.Amazing strength, strong and Godly character to restrain Yourself. Thank You for Your example. I’m sorry You’ve ever had to know betrayal… even from me.
And You, Father God. To know what Judas would do to Your only Son. What depths there are to calling You Almighty. Thank You for Your example I’ve needed as I have to trust my son’s walk in this life to Your mighty hand. Thank You for caring about him just as much as You did Jesus. ❤
- Prayer: Pray for the salvation of people in your life who don’t know Jesus.
- Remembrance: Think about how Jesus must have felt to be betrayed. How has God helped you when you’ve felt betrayed by someone?
– Lord, with a heavy heart I remember well the pain of being betrayed. And it made it so more devastating that it was someone I trusted. It’s gut wrenching, and leaves you feeling so alone in the world. Even if there is someone else there to witness it. The fact that it can not be undone or that it happened at all, numbs you in a state of shock. A shock that numbs out what is happening to you, yet there is no way to escape what is happening. You are betrayed. To be betrayed with something as personal as a kiss, for a friend to take part in your pain, and find pleasure in just handing you over. It leaves my soul so heavy.
I’m sorry You ever experienced that pain, that shame, that disbelief. I’m so sorry that the Holy and Righteous Son of God had to experience that for me. Thank You for loving me in ways that feel nothing like love, but is in every way love, to remove that great human barrier that our pain puts between us… :You just don;t understand. You don’t know what I’ve been through.” The great human lie.
- Self-Examination: What is one way you can ensure that you don’t betray other people? Write your thoughts down.
– Pray, Pray, Pray! Stay in God’s word. Worship at His feet. Lay there at His feet and pray, pray, pray. Ask God help you to remember the enough to never forget how it feels to be on the receiving end. To remember what it feels like to be humiliated in front of the eyes that witness. And never forget what something as personal as a kiss can do to someone who has it used to betray them, to put them in the hands of the enemy. Never forget how the enemy waits to smile that he can suck the life right out of another soul.
Thank You, God, that the death of Jesus brought only life! To Him! To everyone who believes in Him! And even to me! ETERNAL LIFE!
“Oh Victory in Jesus, my Savior, forever.
He sought me, and bought me with His redeeming love.
He loved me ere I knew Him.and all my love is due Him.
He plunged me to victory beneath the cleansing flood.”
– Victory In Jesus, hymn lyrics by Eugene Monroe Bartlett
A Kind Act
- Post 3-5 encouraging comments on social media.