God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called 40 Days of Lent.
Day 38 of 47 for Lent Plan – “Teaching: The Vine and the Branches.”
Reading: John 15:1-7 KJV
- What must we do to be fruitful?
– Abide in Jesus and obey the commandments
- When we produce much fruit, what are we?
- What’s the greatest way we can show our love?
– Laying our lives down for a friend
(This is what the doctors and nurses, and any others are doing to help COVID-19 patients.)
- What is Jesus’s final commandment in John 15:17?
– To love one another as He has loved us ❤
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Husbandman. Thank You, God, for taking care of us, even with needed pruning. Sometimes the thickets are so tangled up, blocking the view and causing a lot of pain, but we’re so surrounded by the thorns stuck in our flesh that we don’t know which way to move. We are afraid to even breathe.
Jesus, our precious thorn bearer, You bore the pain of deep thorns, something that was a part of Adam’s punishment when he ate of the forbidden fruit. Thorns were added to his work to prick him and remind him of his sin, and reminded him the importance of obedience, faith, and trust in God our Creator.
I’m so sorry You had to bear them. Thank You for that “greatest sacrifice of love.” I love You because You first loved me… and still do… no matter what. ❤
- Prayer: Pray for your extended family.
- Remembrance: Think of a time you sacrificed greatly for a friend. How did they respond?
– There was a friend I was once had who guilted me out of clothes I had to wait long for, save the money, and search so hard for in my size in proper fitted clothing, and guilted me out of food she knew I was buying or fixing because she knew I was so hungry that I was sick. She would literally stand over me and eyeball me with such a glare over the very bite in my mouth.
While I eventually realized the truth, learned to say no or at least “Think about this” in a loving manner, I’m grateful for the times You allowed me to see it as sharing with someone who “needed” and yeah even wanted. But her smile! Her pride in wearing her dresses to church, and her meeting/gaining so much church family as friends while being blessed with such rich and sweet fellowships. She loved it. It was worth it for You!
- Self-Examination: Do you find it easy to “remain in Jesus?” Write about that and ask God for insight.
– I pray I am always striving to remain in You, Jesus. But this one assurance remains… You will always remain in me! Thank You, Jesus!
A Kind Act
- Compliment two people today.
– I was reading this devotion to my stepdad today and started with him. He enjoyed it and was complimenting back. The second would be Anthoni after he had cut his hair today.