God, I have been enjoying the bible reading plan You have been walking me through. I’m sorry to be so late getting them on, but with Your help we’ll get them on little by little.
No rush. Just convalescing with You, and following Your lead in sharing with others.
YouVersion (a bible app You have blessed me with)
is doing a plan called 40 Days of Lent.
Day 35 of 47 for Lent Plan – Teaching: Mercy & Possessions
Reading: Matthew 6:19-24
- Where should we not store our treasures? Where should we store them? Why?
– We should not store our treasures on earth. We should store them in heaven because things on earth are stolen, destroyed, or rot. Things in heaven last forever. Where our treasures are there our hearts will be also.
- What part of our body’s health affects our entire body?
– our eyes
- What two things can we not serve? Why?
– God and mammon… because we will love one and hate the other. Our heart and mind will be focused on pleasing one while neglecting the other.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
– Light… Thank You, God, for being our Light in this world, even in our darkness.
- Prayer: Pray for yourself – your needs, concerns, desires, dreams.
– Lord, how funny that You had this day to pray for myself to fall on the day I have therapy. And whether I get it read before or after the appointment, it is always right for that day. You personally design for me, even when using something thousands of people are doing to celebrate, honor, or study… Lent.
- Remembrance: Think about a time you chose God over something your flesh desired. Write about it.
– Lord, You immediately bring to mind a relationship that went against You despite how everyone thought it was the perfect relationship for me, and even though he and I both wanted it. This very message today confirms yet again the very passage You kept using to make clear then about being unequally yoked together, that light has no part in darkness.
“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?” – 2 Corinthians 6:14
You helped me learn so well that only One can be your first love. I want You to always be my first love. I know if You wanted me in a relationship that he would want that for me too. I have the best relationship I have ever had in You, Jesus. Finally my heart is content! ❤
- Self- Examination: Do you find yourself choosing money and possessions over God? Ask God to reveal this to you.
– Lord, I am leaving this one to allow You time to answer my asking You to reveal to me which one YOU see. I pray I always do right with that which You trust me with.
A Kind Act
- Do a favor without expecting anything in return.
– Bobby needed his lunch set up that he wanted, with the unsalted crackers he prefers. And also stopped me in the middle of my bible devotion to read a couple of pieces of his mail that he received.
A special thank You, Lord, for allowing me to find a way to put the bible app, emails, and everything on my tablet… especially the Sudoku puzzles! Right now, I am daily trying to keep You first every day in doing the bible study, reading the bible aloud to Bobby each day with a goal to keep going instead of doing individual topical study, still copying Your word down by hand, and then do puzzles that I have such an addiction for. My eyes are so blurry by the time I get to the puzzles. I strain my eyes to play. You were so merciful to give me large print for everything! ❤ How fitting to the devotion. You have given my eyes health and been my Light by choosing You over doing what my flesh desires. It won’t mean anything to anyone else. But it means so much to me! Thank You for being so personal!