Look at You, Lord! Shining Your love again this way! You are so delightful to prepare another way to keep sharing a little of Your love. I pray I continue to please You, as You keep sending encouragement by whispering to Stu of Something to Stu Over to nominate me for The Sunshine Blogger Award. Bless him, his family, his ministry, and his blog, Lord. Let Him feel Your strong embrace and powerful presence.
Thank you, Stu, for the kind nomination! God has used you to shine a little of His light and love my way! Always a welcomed blessing! May the Lord continue to shower you with crowns to lay at His feet! Me and God love you, Brother!
Here are the guidelines:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
Stu’s Questions for Me:
1. When, what seems like the weight of the world is upon your shoulders, what keeps you motivated to take that next step?
God! Without His help I could no nothing… literally. He helps me to take the next step when I can’t even feel my legs.
“He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.”
– Isaiah 40:29 AKJV
2. What is something that you used to collect as a child that you wish you still had?
As a child I did not collect anything. I don’t know if I ever gave thought to it. But as a unwed teenage mom, I collected tapes and pictures of my gift from the Lord… my son. I still have pictures, but the voice recordings are gone. I think of them often and wish for them. Especially one where my 3 yr old son was telling my 20 something yr old brother, “Uncle Charlie! Uncle Charlie! Wake up! Wake up and hit the world before the world hits you!” It was precious and profound. I don’t know where he heard it, but I have carried that with me through life. I miss those recordings, and I miss my dear brother who has been in heaven now for 12 years.
3. What exactly gives you a sense of accomplishment?
It is hard to feel I have accomplished anything. But when God lets me know I have done His will, I have the blessing of feeling accomplished. He is sweet to allow me the same feeling in puzzle books… especially when they are hard or challenging!
4. What was your hardest challenge to overcome?
Myself! God has worked long and hard to help me see the junk I carried for so long from being misinformed and intentionally misled. And He continues to make me more and more of His every day!
“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”
– Galatians 2:20 AKJV
5. Why do you feel the church is silent on dealing with real life issues like addiction and sex?
Fear of influence on those vulnerable and impressionable,
and fear of unknown, differences, what seems threatening to one’s faith
6. What is your personal opinion as to why it seems more and more little ones are being shot, beaten, kidnapped or worse?
It is a wicked and evil world we live in. We have devalued life for quite awhile now, while making life all about looking out for ourselves. It validates God’s warning of having tribulation.
“These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”
– John 16:33 AKJV
7. Why would any parent, no matter what the hell is going on in their lives, want to take the lives of their kids?
These are hard questions because it is unbelievable what is happening to our children, and breaks my heart. Yet I assure you it hurts God too. Whether someone has mental illness or is simply filled with a evil spirit, they’re God’s children. He will have His justice.
“But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.”
– Matthew 18:6 AKJV
8. What is your favorite post/posts you have written? Share links please 😊
** Me and God This was my first attempt at a testimony. It was the 3rd post when I first opened my blog settings to public instead of just me and God. It was while I was taking the 30 Truth Posts Challenge about myself.
** Love of My Life – I Am His Song (my dear friend Lene invited me to write my testimony on her blog that honors purity… Song of Virginity. It is one of my favorites because I struggled for years to get my testimony down. Poetry I could flourish with (Thank You, Lord) but narrowing down everything Christ has done for me??? God used Lene to help me get it done.
9. I don’t know if this one is possible but what is the most liked post on your blog?
Thanking God For Failed Relationships is the top blog post among 20 or so awards that are most liked.
Congratulations to the nominees!
Please do not feel obligated to participate.
Just sharing a little of God’s love with you!
Praying you will be blessed! God loves you!
11 Questions for the Nominees:
- Do you know how much God loves you?
- Is there a blog award or tag you have not done yet that you would like to do?
- Do you have a favorite bible verse?
- What’s your favorite blog post on your blog?
- Do you have a favorite hymn?
- Do you like your pizza with or without cheese?
- Do you have a testimony that you can link here for me to read. I LOVE testimonies!
- Do you and your family have Thanksgiving traditions?
- Do you have a favorite bible character?
- Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, or Pecan Pie?
- Do you know how much God loves you?