Dear Lord, You just keep the tags and awards coming! You know how to keep me faithful in sharing and encouraging when it can be so easy to give in to exhaustion and depression. Thank You for whispering my name to Sharon of Sharon Brown Photo in nominating me for the 30 Questions Tag. Bless her and her blog, Father. You have given her a gift with photography. Thank You for all the things You allow photography to bring my eyes that I might not otherwise ever see.Thank you, Sharon! God bless you and your photography. Your blog is an adventurous blessing. I look forward to your “1st Ever Photogvember” through November! Thank you for thinking of me! God loves you!!! ❤
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
Currently the Lord brings to mind a college buddy (Effy, short for Ephraim) used to call me Shakespeare. It was cute and funny, especially in his Indian accident. He loved saying it too. If the Lord allows I will blog on a favorite memory of Effy calling me Shakespeare that always brings a smile to my face. 🙂
2. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles like?
All the time. Either poetry, sometimes images, and a lot of times just scratch.
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
Pray, read God’s word, recite God’s word, sing hymns
4. Do people consider you as talkative or quiet?
Depends on who you ask. Most people say quiet. Family says talkative.
5. What makes you cry?
Missing loved ones, breaking God’s heart, remembering God’s mercies
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People hurting one another… especially children.
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Just enough to make sure hair and teeth are clean, or maybe an eyelash in the eye.
8. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
Because I heard the word quarter referred to being 25 cents, it took me a long time before I understood that a quarter was 1/4 of a full dollar. Somehow even though I did great in math, I would still confuse someone saying 1/4 as to meaning 25 of something.
9. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
A guilty pleasure implies a wrong pleasure. John Wayne movies are so funny, but the language, drinking, and references to beating women to keep them well behaved is wrong. I really should avoid them and discourage my family from doing so.
10. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
Our Lord Jesus Christ! And while the crucifixion was not random, it was certainly the kindest thing anyone ever done for any of us.
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which sections?
Rarely. Usually online for an obituary or particular article. But I will read it word for word if there is one lying around in the doctor’s office or hospital, as there usually is.
12. Which animal scares you the most?
Anything that cause serious harm or death.
13. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
I prefer to face things head on, but sometimes I do avoid conflict if it seems wiser.
14. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received?
That I am blessed more than most in my faith. (God really left me speechless and absorbing the depth of those words. I’m still awestruck.)
15. What question are you tired of hearing?
Does God really care? – He does! He loves you and cares so much!
16. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
Wax candy when I was a child. YUCK! I hated it! Why are we eating candles???? 😉
17. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends?
Both. God has blessed me with an abundance of both. ❤
18. Do you have a catchphrase?
God loves you! ❤
19. What’s your all-time favorite town or city? Why?
Heaven! It’s where my mansion is! I am so homesick!! 😦
20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
Gail! It’s my middle name now.
21. When was the last time you lied?
I really can’t remember, but whatever it was stays between me and God.
22. What’s something that amazes you?
The Love of God!! ❤
23. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
Invent a drug to cure a deadly disease…. hopefully cancer is just one of them!
24. What is your favorite amateur activity?
25. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
Oh my head hurts! I woke up with a headache.
26. What is your favorite song (at least at the moment)?
Take My Life and Let It Be (Consecrated Lord To Thee)
I love this hymn! ❤
27. List someone you know, and describe them in 5 words.
my son Anthoni: Godsent, blessed, blessing, gift, God’s
28. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would the question be?
“Lazarus, How long did you live after Jesus brought you back from the dead, and what did you die of the 2nd time?”
29. Which celebrity or artist do you resemble the most?
When I was younger I was often told I looked like Karen Carpenter. I had to look up who she was and loved her music… her voice. I was sad when a teacher told me she died.
30. What do you want me to know?
God loves you!!! ❤
My Father’s Symphony
Becoming the Oil and the Wine
Positive Side of the Coin
When an Introvert Speaks
Into the Light Adventures
Hiraa Chaudhry: An Endeavor of Self-Perception
The Godly Chic Diaries
When Women Inspire
Congratulations to the nominees! Please do not feel obligated to participate! If you do, there is no hurry! Just want you to know you are thought. If you are Award and Tag free, just know that you were thought of too! God loves you each one! ❤