God, You are so interesting in how You get me involved socially when I am trying to hide BEHIND the screen as much as possible. You take me out of my selfish mood, and remind how much others are trying to share with us, and how many would love to welcome the fellowship from anyone! We all need a little smile! We all need You! And You remind us that we all need each other! ❤
I love You, Father God! ❤
Thank you so much Priya aka Zealous Homo sapiens of When An Introvert Speaks for the open nomination to Answering 30 Interesting Questions. I rarely do open nominations because it feels so greedy when the Lord has blessed me so much, but then He reminds me the reason He encourages me to do any of the awards and tags… to share!! A little of His love! And a little of His light. So thank you for the opportunity to bless others! 🙂 God bless you and your blog! God loves you, Priya! 🙂
The 30 Questions:
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
My family calls me Brenda Gail. My brother Charlie got everyone in high school calling me Sweets (They signed it all over my yearbooks). Some friends call me Stormy because it’s a nickname for Gail. I am blessed to have souls who call me mom, momma, momma Gail. And there are lots of other nicknames… a Child of the King… His! ❤
However, as you see in my blog all the time, I go by Gail aka gaillovesgod. 🙂
2. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
Anywhere from several times a day to several times a week. Most of it either comes out as just scribble or actual poetry. God is so generous to whisper!
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I talk with God, read my bible, recite verse, write poetry, or even sing hymns to Him (sometimes singing myself to sleep 😉 )
4. Do people consider you as talkative or quiet?
Depends on who and when you ask. I am mostly quiet, but I can be very talkative. Jesus wants me to tell others how much He loves them. Sometime I could endlessly talk about the sweetest love I have ever known. Sometimes I have to pray for Him to give me courage. Sadly sometimes I have to ask for His forgiveness and pray for those I failed to share with!
5. What makes you cry?
Disappointing my Jesus. 😦 Seeing Him mistreated. 😦 Seeing things that break His heart. 😦
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Seeing people intentionally hurt one another
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Just enough to make sure my teeth are clean, and to make sure it looks like I at least tried to comb my hair (and put it out of my eyes )
8. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
My dad used to call my soda… cold coffee. I literally thought that coke and coffee were the same thing… just coffee when hot and coke when cold. I use to tell my dad, “Yuck! Who would ruin their coke like that??” LOL
9. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
A “guilty” pleasure implies a wrong or sinful, or at least harmful pleasure. I have a hard time resisting watching Law & Order… especially the earlier ones and the SVU series. I am NOT a crime buff, a forensics junky, and hate gory scenes! While watching can actually help me some days, it can also pull me away from everything on other days.
10. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
❤ ❤ My Jesus!!!!! ❤ ❤
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which sections?
Every few months or so, unless looking for something particular… like obituaries.
12. Which animal scares you the most?
Snakes are right up there.
13. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
Again it depends on when and the situation. I DETEST letting something get the best of me, so I prefer head on. I usually say, “Bring it on.” If it’s gonna kill me to do it… then let’s get it over with. However when it comes to confronting for or on behalf of others, to pray and follow God’s lead is the best thing to do. I try to pray and follow either way!
14. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received?
That I send sweet and encouraging messages. God is so loving and kind to me! ❤
15. What question are you tired of hearing?
Where is God when you need Him? (Usually said while “celebrating???” being able to kill babies in and out of the womb, while welcoming guns but not God in school, while fighting for one’s right to speak their opinion in school but suing anyone who wants to exercise their right to pray in school (even just silently sometimes), or while secretly paying a sex trafficker to find a “piece of fresh meat to rape” (the younger they are, the more they’ll pay) 😦
16. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
Sardines!! My dad tricked me into trying one! YUCK! It tasted like I had stuck my tongue in a can of oil, and I couldn’t get it off!
17. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends?
God is so kind and generous to bless me with an abundance of friends, but I am ashamed to say I isolate myself a lot. (Said for any of my friends who have not seen or heard from me so that you do not think I don’t consider you a friend! Me and God love you!)
18. Do you have a catchphrase?
God loves you! ❤
19. What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why?
Heaven! That’s my home! ❤ I am so homesick!!!
20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
Gail 😉 Because it is not my first name, it would simplify things…lol.
21. When was the last time you lied?
Honestly… That’s between the Lord and me. I try to be as honest as possible. Discretion is lying to some people, however “Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.” – James 5:19-20 KJV
22. What’s something that amazes you?
❤ ❤ The love of God!!!!! ❤ ❤
23. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
Absolutely invent a cure for deadly disease! (but on a day off I would explore whatever God wants to show us! His artwork is so amazing!!)
24. What is your favourite amateur activity?
Blogging or writing poetry I guess is amateur… but if it’s for, from, and about God that is all that matters! People need the Lord! And they need to know how much He loves them! ❤
25. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
I need to hurry and change out my pajamas to make it to my appointment with Dr. Buzz’s office. I am soooooo tempted to just wear them, but I don’t want everyone to think I’m crazy. I save that for my family and friends. 😉 (Thank You, God for my new comfy pjs I got for Christmas! I finally got to wear them! 🙂 )
26. What is your favourite song (at least at the moment)?
Take My Life and Let It Be Consecrated, Lord, to Thee hymn
27. List someone you know, and describe them in 5 words.
< 3 Jesus… loving, merciful, obedient, Holy, longsuffering! ❤
28. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would the question be?
God… why would You even make it an option for Your precious and only Begotten Son to leave You for even a moment to come and suffer such agony, pain, cruelty, torture, mockery, when You knew it was my vile and filthy rags that put Him there? I know You say it was because You love me, but how can You love me after all that You have seen me say and do… with my life… my body… my words… and my sick selfish nature? Why…WHY would You allow me to have anything to do with something as precious and Holy as the blood of Your Son! Jesus is so innocent and pure! He is Holy! Thank you for loving me enough to send Him! To even allow it. Help me to have the courage, the strength, the boldness that You say we need to have to come to Your throne! I want to be as clean as YOU make a life!!!!!!!! NO ONE CAN SAVE AND CLEANSE LIKE YOU! NO OTHER LOVE! THANK YOU< JESUS! ❤
29. Which celebrity or artist do you resemble the most?
Nowadays I have no clue, but when I was in my 20s I use to constantly be confused with a local reporter we once had in our area that set her boyfriend’s house on fire.
30. What do you want me to know?
❤ God loves you! ❤
It was a blessing answering these questions! I hope they bless you!
I nominate everyone reading this to write your own answers to these questions.
Yes YOU!! 🙂
You won’t be making it up. God did allow me to nominate you!
Share! Enjoy! Have a great time answering! God loves you! ❤