“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord,
thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me,
and I will hearken unto you.
And ye shall seek me, and find me,
when ye shall search for me with all your heart.”
– Jeremiah 29:11-13 KJV
“And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God,
and into the patient waiting for Christ.”
– 2 Thessalonians 3:5 KJV
Oh my dear dear Lord! How incredibly loving You are to let me know I am what’s on Your heart through VICKLEA (aka Vickie) of Vickie’s Book Nook and Meditation Corner who has nominated me for the February: What’s On Your Heart Tag. How blessed I am to have a God who loves me so much, and allows me the blessing of a sweet friendship with my dear sister in Christ! Thank You, Father, for Your never ending outpouring of love. Bless my sister, Lord, and each one You allow me to encourage through Vickie’s thoughtfulness.
Thank you, Vickie, for your kindness, and for allowing me opportunity to share with someone else the whisper of God’s love. That’s just like His great love to want His children to know they’re on His heart…. just like you are! God loves His precious child! ❤
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you to participate.
2. Link back to the original post.
3. Attach an image that inspires you regarding the month’s theme (or use the original).
4. Talk about what this month’s theme means to you.
5. Answer the questions.
6. Nominate one or more people to participate.
7. Enjoy the rest of your month.
For February, our theme is called: What’s on Your Heart
What’s on my heart for February’s heart theme:
February is my dad’s birthday. He would have been 75 this year. Unfortunately, we spent February of 2005 trying to bury him. By the grace of God, he has been living with Jesus for 14 years! I have been missing him so much lately. I was a daddy’s girl, and he worked so hard to take care of his family, including being such a loving grandfather to my son.
The pictures above are:
1. Our first family picture.
2. One of my dad’s favorite pictures at one of his favorite fishing spots. With his left leg propped up, it looks like he has one leg and a wooden leg.
3. The last picture of my dad just weeks before he went into the hospital and never came home. My brother Charlie is in the picture with him, but in 2007 Charlie joined my dad and Jesus.
The below pictures are:
1. My dad’s obituary picture.
2. His footsone showing that he served in the Cuban Missile Crisis. He was on one of the ships held hostage.
3. The tombstone for both my mom and dad. Mom went home to Jesus in 2015. I have this picture in my cell for when people want to see a picture of my parents. It’s the last one of them together.
The Questions I Am to Answer:
1. Do you believe in love at first sight?
No. Like Vickie, I too believe love is a choice. One that should be wisely made through prayer and getting to know someone one.
2. Do you believe in soulmates?
I believe the Lord can bring two people together.
3. What’s the first thing you notice about a person?
How they carry themselves and/or behave…. looking for fruit or the lack thereof.
4. What’s your ideal date?
Spending time talking about the Lord, His word, HIS LOVE, sharing testimonies, favorite hymns, etc. Even a church date or Christian event would be awesome.
5. What traits do you look for in a friend/significant other?
A genuine love for Christ and His children.
6. What are your thoughts about being friends with an ex?
If we are all to love one another we must get along, and if it is required in work settings, among mutual friends, family friends then one must. However, when one is married and it is not required or causes a problem in a relationship, our God given relationship takes top priority. Life is not high school (thank God). It is about honoring God, not whatever is popular.
7. If you’re a believer, when did you give your heart to the Lord? If not, what in life keeps a bounce in your step?
When I was 8 years old knelt at the altar waiting on my mom who had taken us to a new place (church) among a lot of screaming people, and left us in the pew alone to go kneel and pray. A dear soul named Molly came and asked me if I knew what I was doing. When I told her waiting on my mom, she asked if I knew what she was doing. When I said no, she told me Mom was praying to Jesus, and asked me if I knew who Jesus was. When I said no, she told me of this person who loved us all so much that He died to save us from our sins. My first comment to her was, “You mean there’s an adult who doesn’t hit you… even when you deserve it???” I was so heartbroken for this Jesus, and what we had done to Him… what I had done to Him. While it would be years before I understood fully that I did genuinely give my heart to Him that day, I am so glad I did… and that a relationship with Jesus is loving Him because He first loved us! ❤ Now He owns my heart! ❤
“For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” – Matthew 6:21
Meredith of My Way Home
Shae of Teen, Meet God
Piera of God’s Food Heals
Arnya of Walking the Way
Margaret of The Word
Wendi of Simply Chronically Ill
Pat of Beholding Him Ministries
Brenda of Becoming His Tapestry
Maxine of Heaven’s Reef
Karen of A Couple of Stars and a Happy Face
Please do not feel obligated to participate.
Just wanted to share a little of God’s love with you!
Praying you are blessed! God loves you!