- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
However old I really am. 😉 If I were able to be how old I feel, I would be 21! It’s the closest age to being a child without having to give up my legal rights. But I have no right to my life. It belongs to Christ. I freely gave it to Him because He gave His for me. ❤ I am the age He has given.
- Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Depends if God is saying “Do” or “Be still and know that I am God”
- If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Paul addressed that very thing in Romans 7. It’s because we are in the flesh until the day we die, therefore evil is present despite the good.
- When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
That depends on God’s will for my life… if God says, “Speak of these things” or “Keep Guard over the door of thy mouth”
- What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
That ALL would know and love the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost!
- If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
God’s will… Lord willing, that would be writing.
- Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I am doing what I believe in… trusting God with my life.
- If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
There are things I would like to change, but I trust I am who I am in Christ by leading the life that God designed and allowed specifically for me.
- To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
0% God has always had control and always will!
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
They should be the same, but if I am doing God’s will, both are covered.
- You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
Say a quick prayer under my breath as I calmly but firmly point out to the three “friends” their behavior and/or comments, asking how they would feel facing such ridicule and humiliation from a friend. Offering support to the friend being unjustly attacked.
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
God loves you! He created you. He loves you, and He always will! ❤
- Would you break the law to save a loved one?
If we are talking about rushing to save someone in a deadly situation, of course I would not worry about traffic laws or such; but if we are talking about doing just anything to save a loved one from something they should not be doing, and helping would be enabling or justifying a wrong behavior… then no! God is the only one who knows what’s best in each situation. Trust and Obey.
- Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
Yes. In my writing. Not by my doing, but by His.
- What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I go to God about every single thing in my life, regardless of how trivial it may seem. If God says, “No” when the world says, “Are you crazy? Everyone does.” So be it! If God says, “Yes, absolutely!” when the world says, “Are you crazy? No one does.” I don’t care! If it bores, annoys, or offends that is their problem. It is not my desire to do those things, but I ought to obey God rather than man!
- How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
Well the things that make me happy are God, so anyone who does not care for God will not be happy with Him. Everyone finds happiness in different things.
- What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
Fly! A passport, money, opportunity, fear, anxiety, God’s blessing.
- Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
It’s always possible. I trust God to let me know, or have me just let go.
- If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
Australia! God has placed so many friends in my life that are from Australia, and He uses Lovely A and a few others to keep that hope alive!
- Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
Of course. Slightly. It doesn’t “push” the elevator but it does encourage the sensor that is waiting on a set time before the door closes to detect a need to close. I learned this from some electrical engineering buddies.
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
A joyful simpleton so that I could experience God’s abundant joy! ❤
- Why are you, you?
Because God made me, Me! 🙂
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
I wish I could say yes, but that would be dishonest to my friends… especially to my best friend Jesus!
- Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
They are equally unfortunate. They are both sad situations.
- What are you most grateful for?
Jesus dying for me on the cross to reconcile me to my Father ❤
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
This is a painful one to answer, as most days I feel like I am struggling with both. They are both cruel. They both rob you of friendship, love, family, support, and anything else. If God allows my choice, I would do neither. It would mean never remembering Him and His great love. 😦
- Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
Yes. To know Christ is to know the way, the truth, and the life. He doesn’t mind us challenging Him or the truth. But it is not necessary.
- Has your greatest fear ever come true?
No. And according to God’s Holy word, He promises it never will because I gave my life… my soul… to Him.
- Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
I do remember extremely upsetting things from 5 years ago. Of course they matter now. They remind me of what Christ has brought me through.
- What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
swimming. I loved to swim! I loved the feel of the water… the feeling of being wet. I loved feeling my body float… pain free! ❤ I miss it!
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
This is another hard one because I don’t have passion for anything other than loving Christ. If it weren’t for that I would struggle to feel life. When improvements in my health gave me the hope that I could run again, swim again, live again. But that was tragically replaced with a cruel reality. Now I find what life I can in being able to walk and live. Dreaming of flying makes me smile. Walking (or flying) with Jesus makes it all worth while.
- If not now, then when?
I really don’t care about this kind of question. It just exhausts me to even think about. Christ… everything for me is about Christ. Including living!
- If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
Writing and flying are what comes to mind. I’m doing one, and following God for when He will allow the other.
- Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
Yes. It’s a good feeling. It happens all the time with Christ! 😉 ❤
- Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
Because they have to defend against those who hate.
- Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
Yes! Absolutely! By reading God’s word, praying, and trusting God.
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
It would depend on if I liked the job I was doing, or if it was what God called me to do. He could either be supplying money to change jobs, or support the one I have.
- Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
I would rather have what God wants to give me, where He wants to give it.
- Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
- When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
When God called me to leave my church, even though I loved them so much.
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
As many unsaved souls that God knew I could reach for Him!
- Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Being alive is just physically being here, pretty much like a 100% brain dead bedridden patient. Truly living is living life abundantly… with joy… doing!
- When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
When God has made it clear it is His will.
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Because we have learned the cost it takes to endure a mistake… the energy. We fear we may not survive the next one.
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
live… sing… fly… live… abundantly!
- When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
As I was typing this. I noticed I am becoming… have been exhausted, and wonder if I will make it through this before falling asleep.
- What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
I love Christ! Yes! Not only does my username say so, but I try to tell everyone in any way I can. If all else fails, I have at least declared my love for Him! ❤
- In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
Lord willing. Only He knows. Only He can! Allow!
- Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
I am absolutely letting Christ make them for me! It doesn’t mean I lay down and do nothing. Quite the contrary. I am actively seeking to do what He expects of me each day! I have decided to follow Christ, and that makes me accountable! Faith without works is dead! A testimony testifies for or against the one who openly proclaims.
Lord, the way this was formatted did not allow for me to write this as a letter to You, but You understand the format of my heart. I pray these answers glorify You. They are as true as I understand them to be. I pray they do whatever You have intended for Lovely A’s “Ask Yourself“, as she asked me to answer these. I hand them over to You! In the Lovely name of Christ Jesus, Amen! ❤